Forum

Why not recruit instead of folding?

Created 25th October 2009 @ 22:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Punssia

[MIPC]

For div1 teams the story is a little bit different, because of the lack of div1 standard players.

True, but if you want a team to last you need players who get on with each other and who wont get frustrated and just not play because they dont like someone or the atmosphere a player brings.

Do i really have to explain this? Fuckin hell… this is sickening to have to explain… shouldnt even need to be thought about…

Don’t bother, Koeitje has already proven that his head is just too thick for him to understand anything.

Don’t bother, Koeitje has already proven that his head is just too thick for him to understand anything.

LOL
punssia layin down the truth hammer

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just bring in the personal attacks. Just a method people resort to if they lack the intelligence to debate in a normal fashion.

BvD

flowerpower/

Just bring in the personal attacks. Just a method people resort to if they lack the intelligence to debate in a normal fashion.

You don’t understand what he means. It’s an expression. Having a thick head means you don’t listen to what others are saying, you think what you say is right and the rest is just bullshit.

But hell, what do you expect from everyone? Just agreeing with you? You’re insulting a long-existing and well respected clan in the ETF2L with no valid reason.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I wonder why people are giving up arguing… :)

Norris

oh and btw wasn’t it Koeitje who made an e-drama after the rejects got punished for recruiting a banned player? guess he shouldn’t rise his voice that much against others when it comes down to player recruitments who actually fit the team in every aspect it needs.

Last edited by Norris,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

oh and btw wasn’t it Koeitje who made an e-drama after the rejects got punished for recruiting a banned player? guess he shouldn’t rise his voice that much against others when it comes down to player recruitments who actually fit the team in every aspect it needs.

Burrrrrrn

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

It seems the general QQ is that they drop from the league, when really they’re probably still the same team (give or take a player; under a new name).

You can’t pick players up from anywhere (maybe if you’re rejects, but nobody else manages it at the rate you do, not enough to prevent a whole team fold). Even if a team doesn’t fold, most likely they will drop from the league and try rebuild the team – or they folded and create a new team.

No team going through problems will really carry on playing the league putting themselves under strain when they don’t need it unless they’re basically in a division too low for them. If your team loses points or whatever from a drop, if you actually were destined to win the div you should be winning comfortably to everyone else in general terms. Big deal, what if you don’t get a promotion, some people do still play this game for fun (atleast i’d hope so :( )

There’s no point on the fly recruiting players that don’t fit with your clan, because you’re going to fall apart just as quick as you get the players.

Pretty much each fold and reform is situational based on the people, get over it and move on for heaven’s sake.

This topic makes me want to face palm; in an ideal world nobody would probably fold and they’d have their main lineup for all officials and nobody would ever get busy with life commitments, or bored of the game and fall out with each other. We’re not in an ideal world so tough shit :p

Last edited by Nymthae,

flushy

P.O.P

This topic makes me want to face palm; in an ideal world nobody would probably fold and they’d have their main lineup for all officials and nobody would ever get busy with life commitments, or bored of the game and fall out with each other. We’re not in an ideal world so tough shit :p

this is a bit OTT

No team going through problems will really carry on playing the league putting themselves under strain when they don’t need it unless they’re basically in a division too low for them.

i disagree with this. so many clans have struggled through the season even if it means they finish bottom. this is greatly appreciated by everyone in the community. it means that matches dont have to be defaulted and matches that have already been played are not time wasted… so id strongly urge all teams to try and finish the season. also means u salvage a little pride by not folding : )

ilike2spin

RLM

Cantfitmyn, let them be an example to you all on how to soldier through defeats.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Clans like Cantfitmyn are sorts of clans I think play this game purely for enjoyment, which is pretty much the attitude everyone should have.

For most part, it’s highly situational. If you don’t have 6 to field a team every week, you can’t really carry on at all, and ‘using’ people you don’t really want to recruit is a bit too unfair; unless they know fully where they stand/are willing. League matches just add stress to a good few people, or especially when a couple of weeks back you would find a certain match close or a win, yet you can’t pull anything together in a particular night. It jsut happens what could be a potentially great and strong line-up never gets off the ground because people bicker in league matches because it doesn’t work straight away.

Defeats shouldn’t be a problem, if you can’t handle a loss (and learn from it) then I don’t understand why you bother play a game competitively in any form.

Last edited by Nymthae,

flushy

P.O.P

ye absolutely, but i would argue if ur going to have lineup issues surely why sign up for S6 in the first place -.- bit silly. obviously teams will encounter mid season difficulties thats really not unheard of. but are u telling me thats its SO hard to find the odd merc and recruit a new player? i say again teams should make every effort to continue with the season and not fold as the topic title suggests : )

Defeats shouldn’t be a problem, if you can’t handle a loss (and learn from it) then I don’t understand why you bother play a game competitively in any form.

+1

Last edited by flushy,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You don’t understand what he means. It’s an expression. Having a thick head means you don’t listen to what others are saying, you think what you say is right and the rest is just bullshit.

I understood him perfectly. I don’t think you understood what I meant. Now I could start with personal insults, but I’m not like that.

Yes, we recruited a banned players because the admin team did jackshit about it. I even have logs of anakin saying there basically was no admin working on AC at the time. Besides, what has that to do with the issues discussed in this topic? If anything it proves you don’t have to fold after one setback.

i disagree with this. so many clans have struggled through the season even if it means they finish bottom. this is greatly appreciated by everyone in the community. it means that matches dont have to be defaulted and matches that have already been played are not time wasted… so id strongly urge all teams to try and finish the season. also means u salvage a little pride by not folding : )

You hit the nail on the head there flush. It’s not just HH folding, there are many other teams that fold for various reasons. Especially folding for a reason like not getting the results they expected pisses me off. All you are saying in such a case is that you want everything handed to you on a silver platter and you don’t want to put any effort in it.

appe

I’d fold if agron quit.

eoN^

Koeitje, i think everyones point is its not black and white and you have no right to judge EVERY clan that has folded etc. I do agree with you and flush about teams finishing off a season but if one of your core members leave and you cant find someone that fits the team whats the point in carrying on when its going to be 0-6 every game, is that not just unfair on the first teams you played in the season when you where a strong team? Because if they lost it makes them look bad when everyone else gets 6-0 because you dont have a demo or whatever….

But yeah, clans shouldnt insta fold if they have problems but not every clan does insta fold alot of them do spend time recruiting or alot of the time its more along the lines of one person leaves, they have a good mate in the clan who also leaves, which causes another to leave and then your left with 3-4 players and recruiting is difficult when you have to go through 20 “MID” people to get one person who knows how to freaking sticky jump to mid on badlands…

Point is, dont judge every clan that quits, sometimes someone gets a life and the team cant replace them so they call it a day, alot of the time after recruiting for a long time while the player was still in the team (officially at least). So try to think a little more into it, and try not to take offence from what you seem to believe are “personal insults” when you whine about someone on a topic on a forum… I mean, what do you expect? Do you think they will just go “Oh im sorry”? Its the internet, no one gives a shit about being nice they just do as they please.

Im bored so writing a wall and want to bulk it out more, has anyone seen any good horror movies planning on having a night of horrors on halloween to feel free to spam me on Steam with loads of good films (probably wont reply but it will be appreciated)

Now back on topic… I think Punnsia was trying to mean your being very stubborn and maybe he doesnt feel you have listened to the other peoples replys, no one likes it when they are proven wrong but if you want to be mature about it think about it, i understand that this topic wouldnt be as effective without a scape goat clan (HH in this case) but just say “I’m sorry, I didn’t know the full story etc and made assumptions but you all do understand what the core values of this topic are and where im coming from?” or something like that…

I wonder if this is big enough yet… 2 hours sleep, 3 mochas, 1 redbull and 1 relentless make you type longggggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

Anyway… If anyone actually reads this im gonna be very impressed :)

-EDIT: Not to self, quotes make walls look bigger.

Last edited by eoN^,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »