Forum

Why not recruit instead of folding?

Created 25th October 2009 @ 22:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I never been proven wrong on this matter though. Only thing that has been proven is that peoples opinions on this subject vary. There is no right or wrong. If you say I’m stubborn that just means you can’t accept the fact that your opinion isn’t necessarily right.

eoN^

I never been proven wrong on this matter though. Only thing that has been proven is that peoples opinions on this subject vary. There is no right or wrong. If you say I’m stubborn that just means you can’t accept the fact that your opinion isn’t necessarily right.

You have no clue how ironic that is, stubborn implys i dont take on other peoples opinions, i do. Your implying your right and everyone else is wrong (either that or your not getting your true message across or im not understanding it correctly)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You have no clue how ironic that is, stubborn implys i dont take on other peoples opinions, i do. Your implying your right and everyone else is wrong (either that or your not getting your true message across or im not understanding it correctly)

I’m implying none of us is right. It’s not black and white. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t talk about it.

eoN^

True, but neither of us can say “Why not recruit instead of folding?”.

Its completely based on the situation, the friendships, the clan, the leadership structure, is there motivation (eg a MGO or something).

If you have motivation or a good leader a team can easily get far, but if one player doesnt enjoy it and has a good mate people put friendships before gaming (and tbh i completely agree they should… everyone plays for fun, if they dont enjoy the game anymore after how every man years they have played (how long have we been playing 6v6 with 1 demo 1 medic 2 solis and 2 scouts?) and people are surprised at peple leaving finding it difficult to keep motivation up etc, its not surprising.)

I love brackets.

fJack

k^m

why not cum out a window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTeB4KeeaQg

first thing that came to mind.

‘you know, you don’t always have to have anal sex’

Norris

Besides, what has that to do with the issues discussed in this topic? If anything it proves you don’t have to fold after one setback.

No offence Koeitj but you were arguing that it is so easy to reform a team out of clanless or unknown players to prevent the foldage, right? Maybe not every team leader is about to recruit every shit and untrustworthy player they can get. they may have standards and want players around them who they can trust. who they know from the past and who ain’t wrecking their clan image. this was exactly the point with my teams back in TFC thus we called it the day. I’d do the same if I would face the choice again in TF2 and this has nothing to do with elitism in any kind of form.

Last edited by Norris,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

True, but neither of us can say “Why not recruit instead of folding?”.

It’s not a statement. It’s a question.

Besides, what has that to do with the issues discussed in this topic? If anything it proves you don’t have to fold after one setback.

No offence Koeitj but you were arguing that it is so easy to reform a team out of clanless or unknown players to prevent the foldage, right? Maybe not every team leader is about to recruit every shit and untrustworthy player they can get. they may have standards and want players around them who they can trust. who they know from the past and who ain’t wrecking their clan image. this was exactly the point with my teams back in TFC thus we called it the day. I’d do the same if I would face the choice again in TF2 and this has nothing to do with elitism in any kind of form.

Mads was a nice guy, he fit in the team. Wasn’t the most blessed player skillwise, but did his job and worked in the team. The only real mistake we made recruiting was Deek (I wont go into details about that).

flushy

P.O.P

namedropping Koeitje expect a few slaps in the future : P

Ino

dp.
dp.

why not cum out a window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTeB4KeeaQg

first thing that came to mind.

‘you know, you don’t always have to have anal sex’

Oh really? Damn…

.____________.

I really have to agree with eon on this. Really kootchikoo, clans drop for a reason. What you’re saying is pretty much “Why not just not fold!? Its so easy to just recruit loads of people and still play season 6!”
Simply patching stuff up by recruiting whatever lower skilled players they can find at the time isn’t going to make the clans any more stable and isn’t helpful at all towards the community. It’s stupid to think that would even help, just because you want your 6-0 points :P

Teamwork and stability is built over time, new players take effort to blend into the team. People aren’t going to stick around and make this effort if theyre not completely happy with the lineup or at all playing with people they like (in most cases, playing with friends). Nor are people going to want to stick around just to lose every match this season. Funnily enough, alot of people find it less fun when all they do is lose. So eventually people will leave if loads of randoms are thrown into the mix just keep the clan from folding.

As much as i’d like to agree and wish there were less clans folding these days, it isn’t going to happen. You can’t expect everyone to be like loco and never give up :P

Do agree with reforms staying in the season and keeping their name though.

Last edited by .____________.,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Clans fold so much these days because alot of the stable/higher skilled players have left the game. The clans that have stepped up in their space just cant handle it and buckle and the players taking the places seems to be about 15 or 16 years old with not much maturity or common sense and or knowledge of the english language.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I really have to agree with eon on this. Really kootchikoo, clans drop for a reason. What you’re saying is pretty much “Why not just not fold!? Its so easy to just recruit loads of people and still play season 6!”
Simply patching stuff up by recruiting whatever lower skilled players they can find at the time isn’t going to make the clans any more stable and isn’t helpful at all towards the community. It’s stupid to think that would even help, just because you want your 6-0 points :P

Teamwork and stability is built over time, new players take effort to blend into the team. People aren’t going to stick around and make this effort if theyre not completely happy with the lineup or at all playing with people they like (in most cases, playing with friends). Nor are people going to want to stick around just to lose every match this season. Funnily enough, alot of people find it less fun when all they do is lose. So eventually people will leave if loads of randoms are thrown into the mix just keep the clan from folding.

As much as i’d like to agree and wish there were less clans folding these days, it isn’t going to happen. You can’t expect everyone to be like loco and never give up :P

Do agree with reforms staying in the season and keeping their name though.

Yet I still play with you :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6