Forum

tf2 final is shit.

Created 24th April 2011 @ 17:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

FYI if anyone is interested from the tech guys on the admin forums at multiplay:

“The image quality on the TVs was an unexepected function of the hardware we were using.

Unfortunately, while we were sending a perfectly good full 1080p video signal to all the TVs via HDMI distribution, the processing of the video has to be done in PAL due to limitations in the current video mixing hardware. This means it then has to be scaled back up to 1080p and this scaling (along with some dodgey post-processing it was doing) made it just look poop. For the starcraft we bypassed the video mixer and just routed the 1080p direct from the caster machine which was infinitely better quality, but we lost all production control for the local screens as a result.

This is an issue we are looking closely at to resolve for iNext”

So not to worry for i43 boys i shall crack zee whip to get this sorted!

kuma

Good news!

Also, can we consider getting monitors higher up, possibly above the stage? The way the monitors were placed for the i42 finals made it difficult to see what was going on. Not sure if this will breach any H&S regulations though.

Black_Bob

[DA]

I think ive asked the past couple of events ive been to that they raise the height of the spectator tvs so people behind the front row can see anything.

Nothing ever changes :(

Even if they fired up a projctor onto the big white ceiling it would be somthing (if not a little painfull on the neck)

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Bob contact me closer to i43 and remind me. Its likely I forgot about it each time in the space between each event :p Will mention it closer to the time when its being planned.

LikeThis

Alcohol should be cheaper on sundays or just during matches.

Drunk crowd = better crowd :D

FIR

SnG

Quoted from LikeThis

Alcohol should be cheaper on sundays or just during matches.

I was slaughtered alive when I found out I blew a whopping 70 quid on pure smirnoff ices and pints

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10