Forum

Allowing Spy and Sniper stuff now?

Created 17th July 2009 @ 06:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

eoN^

I think if Valve have gotten people to actually think about using sniper more because of the updates i think they did well…

I dont think any of those updates need banned, i dislike the fan but thats unrelated, it doesnt need banned just fixed. The Sandman was a bad idea and should be banned… But yeah, only the sandman needs banned :s make be the cloak and dagger but i really doubt it.. anyone that plays TF2 remotely well usually has a decent sound card and that thing makes a very loud noise when decloaking…

archy

the spy clocks are balanced. the CnD must be refilled by standing still or decloaking. advantage and disadvantage in one. the dead ringer is also balanced perfectly imo. you cant fool an experienced player who knows how much dmg he has done. ambassador is also balanced because of the very low accuracy after the first shot..

the huntsman is also balanced because you have high dmg output when you hit (especially headshot) but its hard to aim with it… not if you just spam choke points :) You also lose your *long range out of enemy range advantage* Jarate is the strongest unlock because of the +35% dmg and no dmg fall off. but as said before. its not insta ready again and the enemy is only pissed for a few seconds. good teamplay needed! :) Razorback is bad in 6on6 anyway. :>

Bun

GM

Razorback is so overpowered! I was playing spy yesterday and I stabbed a sniper, and I got STUNNNNNNNED!
This is madness, it has to be banned!

tragett

As long as Ambassador is not bugged it should be allowed. Its quite hard to get a headshot crit. Jarate shouldnt be a problem either cause it takes insanely long to recharge. And the sniper is defenseless without the SMG.
The C&D doesnt have that much advantages either, its quite loud and after a while you know if the spy should have died instantly or not.
And well FAN is quite annoying for us scouts :P

Jarate dont take an insane amount of time :p, not that i’ve timed it but its about 60 secs?
Probably could easily throw one at the start of badlands middle and have enough time to throw another, before the fight was over for middle.

Im for allowing all unlocks bar the sandman, lets trying making this game fun and a bit interesting for a change, if we are going to play 2 CP maps for the rest of our tf2 lives lets spice things up ffs :p. Would be good to see more main class sniper/spys, TF2 is boring!

20 sec :P i tested it 3 weeks ago might changed it, havent read much update logs latley

baerbel

trick17
trick17

as long as you cant rocket jump while pissed no way jarate can be allowed imho.

SfynX

T2P

allow: Cloak and Dagger, Dead Ringer, Huntsman, razorback, ambassador
im not one for damage altering weapons or others that turn the game to your advantage aka jarate/force-a-nature

mulk

+1

AnAkkk

+1

That is a bug which is going to be fixed soon AFAIK.

Tom

[Ci]

Sure, just like they fixed facestabs and natascha.

The thing that bothers me the most about jarate is that it has an insane range. people try to justify it by saying the sniper puts himself in danger when using it but that’s just not the case, as with a good arc it has the about the same range as the demo’s granades. Combine that with the huge impact radius and the fact it ruins rocket/sticky jumps and it’s devastating.

Fanva

ban fan and jar. rest is K =)

Randdalf

(0v0)

Garg, the argument that it might be annoying, gets annoying.

Awx

InsertCoin

ban jar and clock and dagger

viko

+9999

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

ambassador is also balanced because of the very low accuracy after the first shot

It doesn’t stay at low accuracy, it’s not a really long “charge” time. Two well placed shots isn’t all that difficult among players i’ve come across using it.

Personally, I don’t like Jarate. In a confined battle/space (ie. mid caps, or badlands last etc.) you can almost cover the whole team + 2 stickies or so maybe.

I don’t have a strong opinion on any of them in the end, for most part they’re not going to be in play for more than 5-10mins of a map I guess.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

FaN is now part of Spy & Sniper update? When did this happen?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »