Forum

Allowing Spy and Sniper stuff now?

Created 17th July 2009 @ 06:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Gaarulf

UP|

Okay, I just want to know where the community stands at this thing.

Since everyone plays with ETF2L rules outside etf2l anyways, I would like to know if we are allowed to use Jarate / huntsman / Cloak and dagger / ambasador / anything else now that S5 is over?

Yes, I know that we could just ask the other team if they agree, but that takes away ALOT of the surpriseeffect.

Also, it’s not in my mind that I have to check out if I have jarate / c’n’d/ ambasador equipped if I have to switch to spy / sniper fast.

I think some admins said that spy and sniper weapons are allowed after s5, since they didn’t want to change it mid season.

Soo, what’s the deal now?

Kinyu

popkõrns

spy is ok, but i don’t know about Jarate :S it gives you damage advantage! :S

exm

Enemy team can have the same damage advantage.

I’d say allow all weapons, except sandman and ambassador, or dont allow anything but kritzkrieg.

aves

Enemy team can have the same damage advantage.

ok lets allow 2 demos again since both teams can use it

AnAkkk

Ambassador is fine. There is no reason to restrict it.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I’d like to try them out for a few games at least, see how they play. Would be nice to test them before next season so we know where we stand.

exm

Ambassador is fine. There is no reason to restrict it.

It is, but I think it would be really frustrating to see a spy with C&D waiting around the corner and 2 shoting your medic from a far, dont you?..

On the demoman note:
I cant see the connection between 1 piss throwing australian and 2 nade and sticky spaming black-assed cyclops. 1 jar =/= 4 nades + 8 stickies.

aves

just this argument is nonesense “both teams can use it”

thats all (i dunno myself if the sniper + spy unlocks should be allowed or not – just dont bring those kinda arguments on the table pls)

ps. ban fan :p

Nodachi

vR|

As long as Ambassador is not bugged it should be allowed. Its quite hard to get a headshot crit. Jarate shouldnt be a problem either cause it takes insanely long to recharge. And the sniper is defenseless without the SMG.
The C&D doesnt have that much advantages either, its quite loud and after a while you know if the spy should have died instantly or not.
And well FAN is quite annoying for us scouts :P

compton

cvx|

Doesn’t matter if Ambassador is bugged or not, it doesn’t throw TF2 out of balance so it should be allowed. And don’t draw the “annoying” card again.

Norris

Jarate turns the Sniper more into the kind of a teamplayer. as pointed out, it also makes him more defenceless. Don’t see a problem with it. it just adds variety.

David

Jarate turns the Sniper more into the kind of a teamplayer. as pointed out, it also makes him more defenceless. Don’t see a problem with it. it just adds variety.

Jarate and crosshair on sniper doesnt make him defenceless

Norris

yea because Jarate is always ready to fight nearby scouts while sniping through the enemy lines:>

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

As long as Ambassador is not bugged it should be allowed. Its quite hard to get a headshot crit. Jarate shouldnt be a problem either cause it takes insanely long to recharge. And the sniper is defenseless without the SMG.
The C&D doesnt have that much advantages either, its quite loud and after a while you know if the spy should have died instantly or not.
And well FAN is quite annoying for us scouts :P

Jarate dont take an insane amount of time :p, not that i’ve timed it but its about 60 secs?
Probably could easily throw one at the start of badlands middle and have enough time to throw another, before the fight was over for middle.

Im for allowing all unlocks bar the sandman, lets trying making this game fun and a bit interesting for a change, if we are going to play 2 CP maps for the rest of our tf2 lives lets spice things up ffs :p. Would be good to see more main class sniper/spys, TF2 is boring!

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Maybe we could hold a one night cup with Spy & Sniper unlocks to gauge peoples opinions?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »