Forum

Ideas for a new rocket launcher

Created 14th July 2009 @ 11:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Rocket that fires from middle and goes faster.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

wow … the rl is perfect as it is right now …

wow … the rl is perfect as it is right now …

Ever heard of unlockables? They’re new weapons that you can get by doing achievements or find randomly.

there should be a rl with like 6 rockets with faster firering speed and less dmg done and less selfdmg ^^

compton

cvx|

Rocket that fires from middle

Should be implemented to both RL’s imho

compton

cvx|

So if you want to come up with a serious unlockable idea you will need to make sure that its actually a new weapon that is interesting for all players.

Like I said, they weren’t thoroughly thought, especially from the marketing aspect. People have different points of view and my point of view is gameplay. I don’t care if it isn’t a rocket launcher, it might as well be a chicken launcher since the aesthetics don’t count. This is ETF2L so we discuss mostly gameplay stuff because that’s the only thing that matters at competitive level.

If someone at Steam Forums will suggest that Soldier should have a turd launcher, and it gets implemented with the gameplay ideas that I described in the first post, in my point of view I got exactly what I wanted, though you might think otherwise.

Oh, and please don’t ninja edit.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Airblast rockets they do less damage but scatter everyone for miles, FaN stand aside for annoyance!

eoN^

Airblast rockets they do less damage but scatter everyone for miles, FaN stand aside for annoyance!

Actually theres an idea
Why not make a kinda reward for getting a mid air? Like if you get an airshot and they die their gibs go flying everywhere on fire and light up enemys?

Some stupid thing like that that would make airshots funny :>

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Ja-rockets:

only do half the damage of regular rockets, but pisses on everyone inside the damage radius

l l l

-25% less damage
-less damage for rjs
+100% on directs (~150 damage)
-less self damage

Roamers are getting destroyed by self damage and scouts, something like that would help since roamers doesn’t rely on spam a lot

RaCio

GoT²

What you fail to understand is that people have different points of view and my point of view is gameplay. I don’t care if it isn’t a rocket launcher, it might as well be a chicken launcher since the aesthetics don’t count. This is ETF2L so we discuss mostly gameplay stuff because that’s the only thing that matters at competitive level.

If someone at Steam Forums will suggest that Soldier should have a turd launcher, and it gets implemented with the gameplay ideas that I described in the first post, in my point of view I got exactly what I wanted, though you might think otherwise.

Oh, and please don’t ninja edit.

I was not talking about my opinion of what a unlock should be. I was just pointing out what valve’s idea usually is. Ofcourse we can fantasize about unlocks that would be nice for competitive players. But we could also try to come up with realistic ideas (that would still be nice for competitive players).

Norrland3000

A little off topic. But i would like the soldier to be as fast as demoman, i don’t se the logic that the demo is faster (when running)…

Soldier and Heavy runs practically the same speed…i think thats wrong :P

hoppi

TIDS

less selfdamage and a faster rocket would be nice for gameplay :x

Memento Mori

+No self damage
+Larger clip
+Faster rockets

-Slightly less damage overall
-90% less splash damage

WalWer

A little off topic. But i would like the soldier to be as fast as demoman, i don’t se the logic that the demo is faster (when running)…

Soldier and Heavy runs practically the same speed…i think thats wrong :P

Giev then +25hp to demo k,thx

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »