Forum

Hmm, teach me oh wise ones !! lend me your knowledge !

Created 6th June 2009 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Assault Marine Sigh

Oh heres the thing. I listen to people moan and whine, I even do it myself apprently :O

So here are a few questions which I dont know the answer to. Hearing from some of the higher div guys would help too.

1)
a. Rates in tf2, I have always laughed at people who moan about rates in tf2. But do they actually make any difference. For example I play on 30k 66 66 with a cl_interp of 0.01. If someone had rates of 15k 30 30 and cl_interp 0.1 what could I expect to happen etc ?

b. Regarding the above, which classes are effected the most, I could guess hitscan being the most effected ?

2) Ping. I hear people have said the game is easier/better for those with higher pings when playing classes such as scout and sniper ? is this truely the case ? and why is that ? if this is the case why dont we all find ways to artifically raise our pings ?

3) Some weapons pass through your team mates, according to the one of the recent updates snipers can even shoot through teammates, but does this have a distance limit. There are times I see my rockets dont pass through my allies…..

4) sensitivity. I hear people say never raise your ingame sense above say 1 or 2. Use only your dpi. Well I for one have my dpi at max (2000 in my case) and my game on 2.6 or 3 (depends on class) What difference does this make ?

5) Why is it that sometimes it seems like you can get 1 shotted by soldiers and scouts as a low hp class, such as spy, sniper and scouts. ? is this truely a 1 hit kill for some unknown reason ? or is it that someone else got an assist and it didnt register ?

6) I have heard many people say its best to twitch aim or lead, I always thought this was down to personal pref but what do the pros use ?

7) Snipers should aim where to most easily gain a headshot ? I have hit people while aiming above and below their heads, to the left and to the right also. This tends to vary from class to class, and heavies seem to be one of the biggest culprits for this ?

8) When healing someone is it quicker to switch to someone else to heal ? or stay on one target. I find that sometimes others appear to heal faster, not scouts and such but say from 1 solly to the next, is this just psychological ?

If anyone else has any other questions to ask taht would be great. Also please try and keep on topic. Thanks for your time.

Sigh

Nvm, someone just answer him.

Jh

Hey dats!

go for the forehead.

for sensual headshots.

danny.

I want to know the answer for question 1. too because iam to stupid to understand things with rates

Assault Marine Sigh

Nvm, someone just answer him.

im assuming you were gonna write something ? or did then ninja edited ? why not just be honest, if you think im a noob go for it. though I cant see how …

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

2) I am not sure if this is correct but i heard that with higher ping= lag compensation means hitboxes expand? And that is why sometimes you get headshots on say scouts, even though you didnt hit the head or it seems like you didnt even hit anything at all? I dunno for sure though!

4) With a lower sense like 1-2 , you have more control over your aim overall than with a higher sense in the long run. Once your good with a low sense i mean. I play with a sense of 1.4-1.7 most of the time.

8) As far as i know, targets who have been damaged for longer heal faster. So say you have a soldier who has been on 150hp for awhile, and a soldier who just got hit to 150hp, the one who has been on 150hp for awhile will heal faster.

Please correct me if i am wrong :)

Assault Marine Sigh

ah thanks swifty now thats the type or response I was after. :D if others can clarify or correct and answer the others my otherwise dull saturday evening will be less dull :D

eoN^

As swifty said about sensitivity, for example i used to play with like 20 ingame 1600DPI and mouse accell, i went from that to 3 ingame and 1000 DPI then 800 DPI and now 600 DPI, its frustrating for the first month of changing (as im getting with 600 DPI at the moment) but it was defo worth it in the long run, better accuracy, you spaz less aswell so you aim better and your not always looking in every direction so you start to listen more aswell and ive noticed i usually hear a lot more than i used to, like possitions etc and if a demomans jumping in to middle point nowadays about 70% of the time i hear it with my headset before i hear someone call it and usually it saves me :3

Rates dont seem to make that big a difference, i mean as long as you keep lag compensation on it doesnt seem to change but either its that whats it called… Sudo effect or whatever but people seem to play worse with higher interp if they are used to lower interp.

3, yes there is a distance limit, dont know exactly how far try going on a map like tr_rocket_shootings and then go red and just walk far away and see how far?

5, i think its just spam most of the time. Im pretty sure ive seen 110 HP meat shots but scouts but i dont really know :s

6, i cant really answer that but fragga seems to twitch alot but most other soldiers seem to aim, zerox twitches every shot as scout (last time iwatched him that is) but others like noam aim slow and strafe more etc

8, if your under full health they will charge you faster. If someone has just been hit then they heal up slower than someone who hasnt been hit for a bit of time. The longer the time since they are hit the faster they heal. There was a blog post about that ages ago if you want to look it up

http://www.teamfortress.com

Ares

-HH²-

1) Lowering cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate effect generally how easy to hit the player is, mostly the cmdrate fro mwhat ive seen doning a few tests on a server i managed to make myself unhittable by adjusting it, having a low cmdrate from what i believe means you are sending less data to the server so the position of the player is unreliable and so is his hitbox making him much harder to hit, updaterate you want high as it dictates how much you recieve from the server 66 updates per second is the max

2) Ping wise ive found people with higher pings hard to hit the warp etc but also has a undesiravbel effect on them, so makes it harder for them to paly too, having gone from a 60 ping connection to a 20 ping connection i have found ht detection on headshots etc alot more reliable now and my sniping has improved abit from it

4) People say to use you mouse at max dpi as lowering it jsut makes you skip pixels or something, and to lower ingame sens instead, i dont have a cleu though tbh

5) Ive noticed this although im unsure why :/

6) From what i can tell low sens players snap aim and higher sense players track, i use low so i barely move my camera then do a large movement to the head for the hs, im in no way pr0 though :)

7) Hitboxes in this game are awful, sometiems you will see blood on the persons face but no damage this is you hitting their player model but not the hitbox afaik, i noticie it most on heavies strafing while spun up for some reason, i assume it is worse for scouts with fast movemetns skewing them more but they are too fast to notice it on im guessing

8) People who hve recently recieved damage take longer to heal, those who have been on 10 hp for the past 10 secs or so will heal very quickly

skinnie

TCM

just check the etf2l config for minimum and maximum rates , its a very small margin

Ares

-HH²-

Using a rate checker for players, after loading the config they didnt change which im guessing is becasue its read from the cfg’s although im not sure.

Ive seen people using alsorts and they have felt very unhittable even with the etf2l config loaded whether this is jsut me or it having no effect to them

skinnie

TCM

rate hax are a myth

a bad connection on the other hand can cause less damage registration

Redman350

[FB]

Etf2l has minimum rates set to 50 for cmdrate and updaterate. You should generally use 66, but if you suffer from choke then drop your rates to 50.

ExE

-[S2L]

Where can I get one of the bad connections from?

xtala

My guess would be Eastern Europe :p

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »