Forum

Dead Ringer Ban Discussion

Created 25th October 2016 @ 15:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Hildreth

Why ban weapons which have been part of the whitelist for 10 seasons in a row? What is so unbalanced about them after 10 seasons…

Bit of a red herring, the unlock is different now to what it used to be. Things have changed, old man. Stop living in Season 1, with your ‘fun facts’.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

Bit of a red herring, the unlock is different now to what it used to be. Things have changed, old man. Stop living in Season 1, with your ‘fun facts’.

One thing that had not changed is how many Gold medals you have :)

But yeah DR has changed a bit, but is it banworthy? Wasn’t the buff a couple of seasons ago?

What is the purpose of the whitelist as well, I still need admin confirmation for that.

extrasolar

officer
TC

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

One thing that had not changed is how many Gold medals you have :)

Definitely no shit-flinging or ad hominem attacks here at all lmao

Last edited by extrasolar,

Goreston

Quoted from gost

[…]
Resorting to strawman due to anger 101, feat. more ad hominem

You said:

I’ve read the entire discussion, and it’s more or less all shit-flinging.

I characterised your argument thusly:

You describe the whole thread as “shit-flinging”

and also like this:

this thread contains no reasoning and is all shit-flinging.

You said

I could turn this right back around and say that this post of yours is a way to ignore someone calling you out for ad hominem without being made to stop doing so

I characterised your argument thusly:

You call me out for ad hominem, and for ignoring said call out

Which of these is the strawman?

gost

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

You said:
[…]

I characterised your argument thusly: […] and also like this: […]

You said […]

I characterised your argument thusly: […]

Which of these is the strawman?

Once again, ignoring basic hyperbole and forcing it as a literal interpretation to try and misrepresent an argument. That, hon, is strawman. :)

Also, see above for definitely-not-shit-flinging

Bulow

GG

Quoted from extrasolar

[…]

Definitely no shit-flinging or ad hominem attacks here at all lmao

He put in a safety smiley though, so it’s ok. Also, Hildoge is just jealous that his single, solitary gold medal from his bunch of prem chokers is worth less than my Ready Steady Pan Season 2 First Place medal (reigning undefeated pan champions).

Goreston

Quoted from gost

[…]
Once again, ignoring basic hyperbole and forcing it as a literal interpretation to try and misrepresent an argument. That, hon, is strawman. :)

Ohh, you were being hyperbolic. I apologise. So when you said “more or less all shit-flinging”, you actually meant, what? There is some shit-flinging? Too much shit-flinging?

I guess when you dismissed arguments made by the specific posters I mentioned as “generalisations for comedic purposes” that was a figure of speech too?

Quoted from gost

[…]
Also, see above for definitely-not-shit-flinging

I never denied there was shit-flinging, only that it didn’t form a significant proportion of the thread.

Anything else? Oh, right. I should sign-off with a pet-name and a smiley, for some damnfool reason. Isn’t that right, baby-bugga-boo? XD

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

^ This is becoming an argument of semantics rather than the topic at hand. Please refrain from derailing further (and no more baby talk god pls)

Quoted from Hildreth

But yeah DR has changed a bit, but is it banworthy? Wasn’t the buff a couple of seasons ago?

The DR change happened July 2015, off-season between S9 and S10.

A similar case with the Beggar’s Bazooka where the realisation that it’s ‘annoying’ didn’t happen overnight. It took one person to be proficient at the weapon for everyone to start noticing it and wanting it to be banned.

However, the DR is not something only a few can master. It’s been part of the Spy’s kit for god knows how long, and with the changes along the change in playstyles meant that people have called for it to be banned.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

People on internet forums have no respect for others nowadays :(

My argument was the whole no risk thing, which is the same as you have shit positioning you deserve to die thing.

As far as the whole “its only banned because Toast uses it” argument goes, I actually think that one of the things that makes toast really effective is good timing with the knife alongside good positioning, I imagine that someone as good as him wouldn’t require one unlock to be effective. However if anyone does require one unlock to be effective, wouldn’t that imply that the weapon is unbalanced? And before you quote any examples of weapon bans etc. I’m sure that if you ban most commonly run weapons, the players at the top would adapt and stay at the top.

One of the things I don’t understand, is that if Steve is so opposed to the ban, why didn’t he argue his points when people were discussing it in the Consultation instead of insulting the people who were voting? It probably swayed votes against him.

draltoady

EU

if the DR was banned because it’s annoying, does this mean the beggars/razorback/soda popper are next? : DDDDDD

Toast

WEED
S-O

It was people with very little experience in prem whatsoever, and they voted without giving any proper reasoning. Marvs team for example has already folded and he got a vote. I bet half of them would just say that it’s aids if they were asked.

Quoted from scrambled

As far as the whole “its only banned because Toast uses it” argument goes, I actually think that one of the things that makes toast really effective is good timing with the knife alongside good positioning, I imagine that someone as good as him wouldn’t require one unlock to be effective. However if anyone does require one unlock to be effective, wouldn’t that imply that the weapon is unbalanced? And before you quote any examples of weapon bans etc. I’m sure that if you ban most commonly run weapons, the players at the top would adapt and stay at the top.

No it doesn’t, because you could say that about a lot of players. Thing is most playstyles don’t depend on the dead ringer as such. A little tweaking and my playstyle still works. The people who depend 100% on dead ringer aren’t good, and it shows. Using invis watch still works on badwater 3rd roof, so why dont you just go ahead and ban ambassador too, then that “uncounterable” strat doesnt work 100%.

There is risk in using DR, not in your logs, but in your usefulness. You can go around DRing all fucking day and do jack shit. It’s not like you could give anyone a DR and they would do well. If the invis watch is as good a watch, that can help you win as much (more or less depending on the situation), why isnt that banned?

If your vote gets swayed by someone calling you something you don’t like, then how are you eligble to vote?

extrasolar

officer
TC

toast if ur playstyle can still be viable using invis watch with just a little tweaking then why are u crying so much about dr ban :)

Goreston

Quoted from extrasolar

toast if ur playstyle can still be viable using invis watch with just a little tweaking then why are u crying so much about dr ban :)

It’s almost as if some people make decisions based on what they think is good for the game, and not what makes their life easier.

extrasolar

officer
TC

but doesnt having dr legal make toasts life easier since it means he wont have to tweak his playstyle :)

Villdjack

(twisted)
:think:
Nein

little sentry is annoying please remove it -.-…..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »