Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »

AnimaL

you both probably have cfg installed in wrong directory… you need to delete the /cfg folder and put all files in /custom/randomname/cfg

Last edited by AnimaL,

qarky

Quoted from AnimaL

you both probably have cfg installed in wrong directory… you need to delete the /cfg folder and put all files in /custom/randomname/cfg

Nope my CFG is in the right directory, I think it may have something to do with steamcloud and also when i first launch steam and tf2 it uses my cfg/hud etc from my steam username in steamapps rather than the common one

AnimaL

you shouldnt even have that folder so i dunno what ur even doing

also steamcloud: i have no idea how it impacts steampipe so yeah… never use steamcloud in first place as its not even ment to be used the way comp players configure their games… scripts, configs etc isnt saved properly by steamcloud

Last edited by AnimaL,

lars

<-- Dicht

my steam crashed when i launched tf2. halp :_;

private_meta

STDs

I have a problem where I try to set the “Item Quality Colors” in my backpack, I click it, quit TF2, restart, it’s unselected again, I’ll try tonight if it’s got anything to do with Steam Cloud, in case noone of you guys has any idea.

mrwhizz

Quoted from lars

my steam crashed when i launched tf2. halp :_;

Same thing, cept my TF2 doesn’t even launch

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Tried verifying?

AnimaL

tried deleting config and starting? it was crashing on one of my fps’s configs too, but i wasnt too bothered to check what exactly was crashing it because i just used newest chris cfg

Oupa

Nave

Anyone knows what is that dev_prerelease option on the betas ?

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Oupa

Anyone knows what is that dev_prerelease option on the betas ?

It’s a bit like a pre-beta beta which they seem to have adopted from CS:GO. Right now there’s nothing different from the regular TF2.

Quoted from Selek

I was wondering what I can delete after the conversion. Obviously anything in [login name]/team fortress 2/ can be deleted if I moved/backed up the important custom files. But what about the gcf files in SteamApps? Some are used by other Source games, I guess? Surely the “team fortress 2 *.gcf” are safe to delete? Any other residues I don’t need anymore and could be deleted to free up space?

Can anyone please enlighten me? :)

AnimaL

Depot “Team Fortress 2” (440)
– InstallDir : “Team Fortress 2”
– Dependencies :
+ “Multiplayer OB Binaries” (217)
+ “Source 2007 Shared Materials” (305)
+ “Source 2007 Shared Models” (306)
+ “Source 2007 Shared Sounds” (307)
+ “Team Fortress 2 Content” (441)
+ “Team Fortress 2 Materials” (442)
+ “Team Fortress 2 Client Content” (443)
+ “Base Source Shared Materials” (206)
+ “Base Source Shared Models” (207)
+ “Base Source Shared Sounds” (208)
+ “OrangeBox Media” (319)

All these gcf’s can be deleted, together with steamapps/username/team fortress 2 folder

Selek

Dr. med.

Great, thank you very much!

Fareaky

So just to be clear its safe to delete these 4 files?

http://i.imgur.com/LnF1VKq.png

And what about this empty “downloads” folder, seems redundant with the other ones.

http://i.imgur.com/strAOvc.png

EDIT: Also what about that sourceinit.gcf and winui.gcf? Basically I don’t have any other old content games installed (I don’t think) so I’m just wondering what these files are for since they seem to be the last of them.

Last edited by Fareaky,

AnimaL

yes you can delete those 4 files…

winui is for offline mode, i have no idea what sourceinit.gcf is for but since its 1MB i dont have issue with having it tbh…

Fareaky

sourceinit and winui both seem to be used by the Steam client going off what Google brings up, and yeah winui is used for offline mode apparently, so best to leave those two alone, they are small enough not to matter anyway.

I also deleted those other four files (well moved them to an external drive to be safe) and both TF2 and my other source game CS:GO work regardless so looks like those files are safe deletes, and yay on getting back another 6GB’s. Thanks for the help AnimaL.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »