Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »

Guyyst

JI

Quoted from CanFo

If anyone has display errors with his custom menus or HUDs, that person did probably not read this guide or made a mistake installing the menu or HUD in the new folder.

Would be funny since my hud worked on the steam pipe beta, but does not after the last update

Edit: nvm fixed

Last edited by Guyyst,

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from CanFo

If anyone has display errors with his custom menus or HUDs, that person did probably not read this guide or made a mistake installing the menu or HUD in the new folder.

Wrong.

I updated to Steam Pipe last night, copied over all my configs etc. to the correct places and it was all working fine.
Came to today, same thing again. All working good. Played a fair bit of TF2 today, closing and reopening the game too.

Then all of a sudden, at around 9pm GMT, just as I’m about to start playing a scrim, TF2 decides to randomly close and install some update.
It was only after this update that my menus got fucked up.
Since this update, I have tried removing and re-replacing the custom stuff and verified multiple times to no avail.
The only way for me to avoid the white crap is to remove the entire contents of the custom folder.
I don’t have the time (nor the patience) to go through and remove all the suspect custom hud files that may be causing the errors, but I might try going through them tmrw to figure out which file is causing them.

AnimaL

wow… just wait… there was small beta update to get it ready for official update that is going live any moment now… and even then its 90% that something will be completly fucked as its valve and no big updates so far have been without bugs… chillax… and use default hud if you cant live without tf2

Last edited by AnimaL,

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from AnimaL

wow… just wait… there was small beta update to get it ready for official update that is going live any moment now… and even then its 90% that something will be completly fucked as its valve and no big updates so far have been without bugs… chillax… and use default hud if you cant live without tf2

xD
I’m chiiiillllll :P
Just making the point that I didn’t make any noticeable errors on my end :3

And ofc I can’t live without TF2. TF2 IS life…

huhystah

Steampipe is now live.

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Muerte

It was only after this update that my menus got fucked up.

Same thing happened to me. The problem was my custom SourceScheme.res which conflicts with the new Steampipe version.

You posted on my thread about the smaller net_graph font a while ago. If you are using that, you have to download the new SourceScheme.res and replace the old one (I updated it today). See the download link at http://etf2l.org/forum/customise/topic-24398

Last edited by feeling,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

I switched steampipe, tried to get pvhud working for 1,5 hours but didn’t succeed. Then I just downloaded broeselhud and it immediately worked. I guess it was time to switch hud anyways

Last edited by BenBazinga,

davemarsh

TF2 starts to load then just goes to desktop for me. :(

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from BenBazinga

I switched steampipe, tried to get pvhud working for 1,5 hours but didn’t succeed. Then I just downloaded broeselhud and it immediately worked. I guess it was time to switch hud anyways

See my post right above yours. The reason is an outdated SourceScheme.res that’s conflicting with the new Steampipe file. Just remove resource/SourceScheme.res and wait for an update of the HUD.

Last edited by feeling,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Have they sneaked in some fps drops for anyone else?

Blinky

Where should i locate my hitsound?

Miek

prfsnlgmr

tf/custom/whateveryouwant/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from fraac

Have they sneaked in some fps drops for anyone else?

fpsboost

alba

duplo

takes ages to convert :(

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from feeling

[…]
See my post right above yours. The reason is an outdated SourceScheme.res that’s conflicting with the new Steampipe file. Just remove resource/SourceScheme.res and wait for an update of the HUD.

Thanks, it worked!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »