Forum

Invisible players.

Created 27th February 2013 @ 21:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

taro

I’ve submitted a ticket to steam support with regards to the Invisible players bug and I now need to submit some evidence.

You can help get Valve to fix this bug by posting in this thread saying that you have experienced the invisible players bug and when you first noticed it.

A simple one sentence reply saying you have experienced the bug would help prove to Valve that this is a real bug that people would like to be fixed.

I will be linking the person I am talking through tech support to this thread – who then may pass it onto the TF2 team.

Thanks.

UPDATE #1 – Reply from Tech Support.

I have forwarded both threads to the TF2 team.

Once I hear back from them I will update your ticket here.

UPDATE #2 – Reply from Tech Support.

The TF2 team is looking into it and working to fix it. Stay tuned for updates on the TF2 blog.

If you have any further questions, please let us know – we will be happy to assist you.

UPDATE #3 – March 27, 2013 Update. It’s fixed!

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Fixed a bug that caused invisible players in the world
Fixed Engineer bots in Mann Vs. Machine building disposable sentries that upgrade into tiny, red, level 3 sentries
Added the Ready Steady Pan tournament medal for Season 2
Fixed the Festive Axtinguisher, The Disciplinary Action, The Wanga Prick, and The Wrap Assassin sometimes floating in the world after death
Removed the promotion restrictions from Croft’s Crest, The Fortune Hunter, and The Tomb Wrapper
Updated Mvm_Bigrock to fix a hole in the terrain
Community requests:
Added new inputs for the tf_logic_koth entity: SetRedTimer, SetBlueTimer, AddRedTimer, AddBlueTimer
Added a “team” field to the teamplay_flag_event game event to identify which flag the event is for

Last edited by taro,

Netsky

every. single. game.

Most interesting fact: only player of the own team turn invisible. Quite troublesome as medic. Try following a rocket jumping helmet & rocket launcher.

Wombat

USBMC

I have had the same problem. To fix it you just need to make a demo by typing in console ‘demo’ and after ‘stop’. allthough this is temporary and you will have to do this again when it happens again. you can use this trick for the time being. =D

accless

cp_

Yes, almost always someone on my team, probably the one I spectated last

C

cp_

Deffiently! I hate it – I think it is the player you are spectating while dead, will become invisable the next round(Only hat, misc and weapon visable) -PLEASE FIX… :P

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from Wombat

I have had the same problem. To fix it you just need to make a demo by typing in console ‘demo’ and after ‘stop’. allthough this is temporary and you will have to do this again when it happens again. you can use this trick for the time being. =D

no this is a different problem. this is one where you can see there hats and stuff, the demo one is where you cant see them at all

warbandit

Yep, I hate the visible players glitch too!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I experienced this bug daily and noticed it probably since around december I think.

Also, more rarely, I’ve experienced seeing players uberflashed when they aren’t, seeing teammates in enemy team color (they dont take damage and I can walk through them) … Seems like the same category of materials bug.

Fester

I get it pretty much every game, takes the piss tbh :(

add

Yep, I have it too. It’s usually 1 player of your own team which’s model is invisible. Really
frustrating sometimes when the medic can’t locate you because he only sees
a flying hat/weapon/misc. So yea, one of the silly bugs in this game which really messes up the competitive gameplay. So yea, fix please.

Greets

ash

(Legend)
:D

My record is having 5 invisible players around me, as medic. Really intense healing there!

Likewise, only cosmetics show up. Thankfully only people on my own team so far.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Yep, get it really often and its not great (also happens in STV)

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from ash

My record is having 5 invisible players around me, as medic. Really intense healing there!

>implying you heal.

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Quoted from Netsky

every. single. game.

Most interesting fact: only player of the own team turn invisible. Quite troublesome as medic. Try following a rocket jumping helmet & rocket launcher.

This.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »