Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 73 Next »

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Vad

Mah Jongg and sm1le got their bans in european league but Waste (aka wassye) for some reason did not. Lack of evidence I guess. He registered new steam account, asked admins to change SteamID and they did.

Amusing to see he is still hacking.

Once a cheater – always a cheater.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from irfx

[…]

Once a cheater – always a cheater.

Not part of the AC team I hope.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Casual

[…]
Understood. Wish anakin kept a bit more stats though (like total amount of people that played under it).

Wait, so there’s no logs? For that matter, whats against the logs being released? Surely those wouldn’t contain information on how the detection takes place.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Wait, so there’s no logs? For that matter, whats against the logs being released? Surely those wouldn’t contain information on how the detection takes place.

I think what they mean is that there’s no logs of how many players have played on the servers. Only how many suspected triggerbots there have been. For statistic reason I think it should log all players and suspected hackers.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

The only thing that is currently being logged are the people who are detected and how many times.

The reason against releasing logs is to avoid a witchhunt (edit: yeah… not a great argument but oh well :/) on people who may not be cheating at all. If your name pops up in the logs it’s by no means sure that you’re actually cheating (OP has more info on this) and it still has to be verified by qualified people.

The people AnAkIn posted in the OP though are personally verified by him (and he has very strong evidence against them although insists on keeping it to himself, which means you’re perfectly allowed to not believe him).

He did not list the people that got detected by where he didn’t see any cheating behaviour and the total number of people that were detected. Those stats are required to guesstimate the false-positive and false-negative ratios.

Last edited by Casual,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Casual

The reason against releasing logs is to avoid a witchhunt (read the full post) on people who may not be cheating at all. If your name pops up in the logs it’s by no means sure that you’re actually cheating (OP has more info on this) and it still has to be verified by qualified people.

Replace names/steamid’s with unique identifiers that can’t be easily connected to a person’s steam account/etf2l account? That should prevent the witchhunt issue.

IPZIE

SUAVE

:D

Last edited by IPZIE,

AnimaL

but logs already are public – for every server owner who has access to logs…

dont make logs saved on server then…

Last edited by AnimaL,

IPZIE

SUAVE

I thought we were talking about how to prevent the witchhunt?
I appreciate you putted into that plugin and i think it will make the work of the AC team more efficient and easier/faster. Still i dont get the idea of posting the names of “potencial” cheaters on your servers public on this forum. You are a clever guy Anakin and you should know that even if you put “potencial” infront of it there are 8/10 just seeing a list of detected people through a new AC plugin. I cant blame you for this but i expected it to be more discreetly in the end

envy

Isn’t it better to check plugin for false detections in the low division games, since hacking there is pretty retarded and obvious?

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from envy

Isn’t it better to check plugin for false detections in the low division games, since hacking there is pretty retarded and obvious?

wat?

Septique

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
wat?

ISNT IT BETTER TO CHECK PLUGIN FOR FALSE DETECTIONS IN THE LOW DIVISON GAMES, SINCE HACKING THERE IS PRETTY RETARDED AND OBVIOUS?

envy

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
wat?

Am I wrong or just made a syntactic mistakes while constructing a sentence?

Phrozen

?

Quoted from envy

[…]
Am I wrong or just made a syntactic mistakes while constructing a sentence?

Who constructs sentences ._. shit I just say stuff, my tongue is 3 seconds faster than my brain..

Kritzonite

qn.

Quoted from AnAkkk

I wasn’t clear in my post about the two other detections but they are in the readme:
“prediction hacks (nospread/crits) and anti-speedhack bypass exploit.”

Right, so for the sake of argument, let’s accept those 2 detections are perfect. I assume, then, that triggerbot detection is not 100% certain, yet for some reason that hasn’t stopped you posting a list of people’s names without certainty of their transgression, nor has it stopped you from making the unambiguous statement in your reply to me that the “first list were people using a triggerbot”. Since when did it go from uncertainty and need for demo review, to subjecting people to mob justice via a list on a public forum, and categorical statements that these people “used a triggerbot”? You contradict yourself in the most grave way possible by referring me to your multiple statements in bold about ‘potential’ yet then act as if some people are guilty beyond doubt.

With regard to the Dblocker list, am I correct in stating that you didn’t develop this AC plugin? If not, and if you do not have a total understanding of it and ability to verify its quality and reliability, what on earth gives you the right to go around throwing up names of people detected by it on a public forum, before these people have been subjected to the demo review which you are so keen to repeatedly mention, but not use as part of a proper due process before subjecting the listed individuals to unwarranted public scrutiny?

Skeej, with regard to your comments stating that any cheat detection makes the use of cheats less likely, I agree, but a separate and equally important issue is how AC policies and software affects the quality of the game in other ways. Poor demo review results in innocent individuals like Beavern and Quad being banned; poor AC software (eg ESL Wire) results in a lack of player satisfaction, and in ESL’s case, a substantial contribution to the collapse of TF2 on their site; and poor transparency, unfinished software, lack of patience and failure to follow proper process are also undesirable, as illustrated by Anakin here. These are the issues I am primarily concerned about.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 73 Next »