Forum

New update - Holy cow!

Created 3rd February 2009 @ 01:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

From a well written guide on gotfrag:

“Depending on your team’s style you may have different classes play slightly different roles than what other teams do. However, there are some basic principles that are generally used for the different classes and their jobs. At least one Soldier’s job is to protect the Medic. There are two different approaches to get this job done. A team could either run a dedicated combo Soldier and a designated roaming Soldier, or a team can keep both Soldiers together and play it by circumstance (I personally prefer the latter as it gives you more options because you know both of your Soldiers can do both jobs). Whatever your team decides, know that the combo of Soldier and Medic is the heart of the team. It’s where the action is focused. The Medic’s job is to keep people alive, but just as important is staying alive. Do what it takes to survive, always pop your uber if you need it to save yourself. Because the Soldier is the only class that can consistently defend you, that is who you are attached to. Good chemistry between Soldier and Medic is vital to the success of a team.”

I’ll just reiterate some of the points in that.

– Whatever your team decides, know that the combo of Soldier and Medic is the heart of the team. It’s where the action is focused.

– Because the Soldier is the only class that can consistently defend you.

Know your role in the game before you bitch about a class being able to deal more damage per second than your class.

If you are interested, here is the whole guide, of which most of it, I couldn’t have written better myself.

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/story/43759/?spage=1

byte

“Whatever your team decides, know that the combo of Soldier and Medic is the heart of the team. It’s where the action is focused.”

Sometimes Arx i don’t feel its like that : < ENEMY CLAN BULLYING IN GAMES, i mean jus look at arnold with his baseball bat! ;x : <

Cheers

Byte

Renegade

Imperial

but why should stickies do 150 damage?

Norris

because his name is DEMOLITION MAN

AnAkkk

stop the demoman whine and let’s play with tf_damage_disablespread 1 :D

kolox

obs.

You preach it, AnAkIn!

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Why not cry about it? It’s not as if it’s just slightly out of whack – its completely out of whack: rockets 70 stickies 150 at medium range. We cried about random damage when you all were indifferent and now we got a cvar for it, we cried about weapon fov, xhair colour and various other issues and we got those changes from valve. We hope valve go the next step and balance out the demoman.

Are demomen really happy playing a class where a large amount of their kills and success in a match is due, not to their own skill, but to the imbalance their class has on all other classes?

kaidus

WiK?

It’s a shame that TF2 isn’t a team oriented game so classes having advantages over others could be compensated for..

Wuff

You just want to defend you overpowerness gaydus :(

light

“Are demomen really happy playing a class where a large amount of their kills and success in a match is due, not to their own skill, but to the imbalance their class has on all other classes?”

As much as i hate demomen, its only the top 4 demos that make use of its power
Byte, Hymzi, Ryb, and snap do so much damage beacuse of their skill, great sticky placement etc, theyre the only ppl i hate playing against.

Lower skilled demos dont make much of an impact in the game

agron

Relic

It’s funny how people say that demo is OP when what they are actually saying is that the what…4-6 guys in europe that know how to play the class well are “op”. Most demomen out there aren’t these unstoppable killing forces that some people paint them to be.

Demo is fine as he is, all team have equal access to the class and it’s capped to 1 per team. So what’s the prob?

Bash

It’s called a skill ceiling.

agron

Relic

what is, i have no idea what you are talking about!?!?!?

BIGPOISON

There doesn’t seem to be any problem w/ the demoman dealing more damage. All this does is simply force the other team to prefer target him in battle. His basic job is DPS, while the soldier’s is to Tank. Aggro management, however, still appears to be the most important principle in this game.

I think this just reiterates the notion that the demoman needs a shotgun.

Head Hunter

if demomen are so overpowered then why arent we all playing demo?
anyway personally i dont like the crosshairs xD just not for me i guess :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 16 Next »