Forum

tr_flinger_b3

Created 29th December 2008 @ 19:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Inexistence

Üb

Right, some of you may know that I created tr_flinger_b2. http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/72782

A few people have told me they liked it but there were a few things they wanted changing, so I’m working on a b3 version. Was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on what you’d like in it.

In case you don’t know, tr_flinger is a map that takes places in standard Valve maps that are useful to airshot with and has bots flung from normal rocket/stickyjump areas towards you so you can practice airshotting them. So far I have Badlands spire and Gravelpit point C. I’m thinking of putting the Granary middle boxes on too.

So far I’ve had the following suggestions for the next version:

Make badlands look nicer [Working on this, almost done]
Make the badlands ramps in more realistic places [Again, almost done]
Remove the lights saying which ramp the bots are coming from [Easily done]
Perhaps make a sound when a bot is coming [I think I have a way to do it, not sure whether to add]
An extra bot that you can choose to release [I think I have a way, will add near the end]

So I’d like you guys to give a little feedback and suggest any changes you want for the next version. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Gaarulf

UP|

I want that metal plate on Badlands to be there. And make it prettier :)

Badlands midcap. Lot’s of airbourne people there.

Inexistence

Üb

Okay, I’m redoing Badlands to basically entirely copy the spire, so the metal plate will be there. Thanks for the Badlands middle comment, I’ll think about it, but I’m gonna focus just keeping Spire and Point C for b2, then after that I’ll start putting in other places.

Gaarulf

UP|

Lovely!

Amazing map btw, wrote a Norwegian article about it :http://tfortress.no/nyhet/airgib_trening_tr_flinger_b2/42

Ino

dp.
dp.

Please change the background light (or skybox, don’t know :) it’s blinding when you look to the right side at gravelpit.

Inexistence

Üb

Yeah, forgot to mention I’d already changed that. It’s a TF2 skybox now, it looks fine now.

Inexistence

Üb

Oh, and also, a feature I’ve been working on a little. Each ramp now has a couple of different angles to send the bots out of, so it’s not constantly at one height, one distance sending to one part of the ramp, it’ll change a little and make it less predictable.

Gaarulf

UP|

I love you allittlebit now <3

Crink

-9w-

Posting to say it’s a great map and can’t wait for the next version. o/

Plus, slightly pedantic, but is it possible to have the bots spawn as only soldier/demo? Kinda bugs me to see medics and snipers etc come flying at you, as funny as it is the first few times. :D

Inexistence

Üb

Yeah, I’m changing it for both bots to be soldiers as they can take more damage, allowing for more airshots in a row, but they still are affected by your hits, unlike heavies.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Rele

Crink, you can kick the bots and write in console “bot -team red -class soldier” (same for demoman) ;)

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Yeah, really like this map – I don’t even play Solly/Demo but I could feel my skills improving.

My requests would be for more variety of movement, only solly/demo bots (altho someone said you could already do this), and a few middle points, ie Granary and Badlands.

Ares

-HH²-

Yhea literally just been palying it for the first tiem a minute ago and, yeah im with everyone else, add the metal plate and have solly and demo bots as they are heavier and are always jumping for that added touch of realism :P

Other possible places, i liek the middle of bad as you can have the m jumping at you and jumping from below the bridge and from the balcony as well, possibly the house on GP who knows if that will work :P

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Would be nice if you added a crate on granary (mid point), as you get lots of air there =]]

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

great map. i’d like to have another ramp(s) on badlands. there are two points from which people are regularly jumping when coming from the last CP.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »