Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 Next »

Popcorp

I would say that Beggars is mostly good on Payload Attack, for suicide waves, you can make some huge jumps on most Payload 1st points to get an important pick, while in the air you can load 3 rockets and unleash hell. It’s viable weapon, I wouldn’t say it destroys your flank, but you can take out/damage multiple targets much quicker. The only disadvantage of using Beggars is that you have to load all 3 rockets 24/7 (making you very dependable on Ammo Packs), regardless if there are enemies or not. Beggar’s soldier is easily taken down if he’s not aware of you, so if you manage to surprise him while he’s not loading anything, he’s an easy target.

The only map where you can run Beggar’s 24/7 is probably Cp_Steel, Soldier can hold A – E connector pretty much alone, tho it’s easily countered by either Bonk scout or Spy attacking you from behind, forcing you to choose between attacking People coming in from A or Spy/Bonk scout

Zimmer

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

very effective at having no flank at any point yes

Poor winco, playing with Hartz that only wants medic drops for his fragvids!

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

very effective at having no flank at any point yes

Scissors nailed it.

Everytime I jump my team gets to be at an instant disadvantage on the flank. If the enemy medic buffs their solly and scout then they will win everytime over the single scout on my flank. It may very well be a good weapon and straight upgrade for the soldier but the downsides to it come to haunt you in metaplay. It just takes some coordination to counter the beggars effectivly but its cerainly within managable effort.

Just go watch chess vs fe upward official.

Edit: thank god w1nco has zimmer backing him up.

Last edited by HartzFartz,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Begger’s sure is fucking annoying to play against atleast, walking around a corner and suddenly 3 rockets in your face.

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

Imo only one who can even use beggars effectively is hartz

Well I have been playing more NA than EU lately. It is a bullshit weapon to play against and Hartz is hardly the only person able to use it effectively.

jakeowaty

Hey guys, people want to do something different, let’s not let them do that.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from nijoonen

Begger’s sure is fucking annoying to play against atleast, walking around a corner and suddenly 3 rockets in your face.

dude u dont even need to move ur mouse to do damage can u b quiet

also if ur getting destroyed by a soldier using a gimmick weapon then u deserve to lose

Last edited by Muuki,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Quoted from Muuki

[…]dude u dont even need to move ur mouse to do damage can u b quiet

also if ur getting destroyed by a soldier using a gimmick weapon then u deserve to lose

Crawl back to the salt cave you came from.

ondkaja

IKEA

Beggars is a noskill weapon but it’s not overpowered, so it shouldn’t be banned.

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

I always keep this bookmark handy:
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned

To me, “unfun to play against”, “bullshit”, “boring”, “cheap”, “skill-less” or “random” are completely unacceptable reasons (I don’t even call them “arguments”) to support any form of ban, because one could simply answer with an equally stupid “mad cuz bad”, before being retorted “Lol noob, can’t play without crutches”, and then have this jolly conversation go on for ever, and ever, and ever… and ever. And shockingly enough you have players who are supposed to be good (and sometimes are) that come up with those bogus claims and are actually taken seriously, “because authority” (ja well no fine).

The matter is simple. Either you play to win, or you don’t. The winning team is not the one that pulls off the most elaborate and “honourable” strats, but the one that abuses the most ruthless and effective ones.

While I do respect the logic of those who profess the importance of having X or Y type of whitelist (the strategic diversity / competition purity debate is very interesting), my (probably very unpopular) opinion is that there are no sidegrade weapons in TF2 that are so good in their of mechanics as to single-handedly dominate every single game on a strategic level every single season, and thus warrant a meaningful ban. And yes, this also goes for the (very average and limited) Short Circuit. Then, there is the map factor, but that is another story.

TF2 is not a game so shallow as to render this possible.

Last edited by MIGHTY BURGER ツ,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

the only banned weapons are either straight upgrades 99% of hte time limiting this amazing diversity people tend to talk about or they contain bugs which valve cba to fix, idk whats so difficult to understand

letto

Quoted from ondkaja

Beggars is a noskill weapon but it’s not overpowered, so it shouldn’t be banned.

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Quoted from Muuki

idk whats so difficult to understand

The fact that people can say that with a straight face.

Out of those, only the DDS, Vitasaw and Pyrovision stuff are actually worthy of a ban.

4hp

Don’t forget the cleaner’s carbine and bazaar bargain are only banned because of game-breaking bugs on them.

Quoted from 4hp

Don’t forget the cleaner’s carbine and bazaar bargain are only banned because of game-breaking bugs on them.

Hardly game-breaking and the Bazaar Bargain was fixed IIRC.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 Next »