Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »

Eatable

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Its not that unlikely that im wrong, i guess, considering limited experience. So how much resources do you generally need to take down a wrangled gun, then? Because maybe i have the wrong idea (not being sarcastic). Assuming somewhat even teams and a decently competent engie, btw.

It can take 1 or 2 players to take down a wrangled sentry but that’s the thing, a strong sentry is part of the pl balance. Forcing the attacking team to focus the sentry is one of the advantages defenders have. Take that out of the equation and you get a balance which favors attackers a lot more, that’s not something pl needs.

Popcorp

From what I experienced as Soldier, I could easily take down the sentry with Direct Hit, because Engies these days mostly just stand still, with RR taken out and waiting to repair sentry.

The most underrated weapon for Soldier is Cow Mangler, because of it’s lack of use, people don’t expect Soldier to actually use it, so I used it multiple times and it worked perfectly majority of times, Sentry is not working = easily taken down if team can focus it down in time.
http://youtu.be/tId8SIe9km0?t=25m20s
http://youtu.be/5WKmCbV2pcE?t=50m25s

You can see that it worked in both, high and lower level of Highlander, just because nobody expects Soldier to run this weapon.

Spy Sap + Soldier Bomb or Combo Uber push also works as well, your Spy needs to sap sentry while your Soldier bombs into the sentry and takes it down OR your combo rushes it

Last edited by Popcorp,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Well, i was under the impression that you often need a solid uber to take out a wrangled gun. Unless you can surround the engie or heavily outnumber their team aye. Admittedly, the highest division of skill ive played in HL is steel, but i have watched a handful casted games and so forth.

Its not that unlikely that im wrong, i guess, considering limited experience. So how much resources do you generally need to take down a wrangled gun, then? Because maybe i have the wrong idea (not being sarcastic). Assuming somewhat even teams and a decently competent engie, btw.

Combo comes in ubered and does combo stuff, meanwhile a solly shoots the sentry from a safe distance while the spy starts stabbing the engi which is now distracted on 4 fronts(combo,incoming damage on sentry, healing/wrangling sentry, dodging spy). This literally takes like 2 seconds to deal with and if you dont then you dont deserve the ground and its a sad day for you.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Im sure it is Worth something that we Discuss the Wrangler for the 100th time, But isnt this Thread about Feedback for Season 7? (;

Last edited by DCS,

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

Combo comes in ubered and does combo stuff, meanwhile a solly shoots the sentry from a safe distance while the spy starts stabbing the engi which is now distracted on 4 fronts(combo,incoming damage on sentry, healing/wrangling sentry, dodging spy). This literally takes like 2 seconds to deal with and if you dont then you dont deserve the ground and its a sad day for you.

Aye this is sort of where my unpopular personal opinion comes into play, though. I personally dont like the fact that the combo often needs to uber in and focus the gun. It leaves large portions of the map shut down untill you get uber. this makes pushes mostly happen when you have uber, so dry pushes are a lot less frequent and the game becomes less fluid and slower. Not to mention that it severely limits the potential of flank classes to make plays for a large period of time.

In my opinion, it doesnt promote fun gameplay. Especially not as a scout player. But i respect that i am the voice of a minority here and im definitely not making any demands. I hope i understood you and the other comments properly, so im not overstating the power of a wrangled sentry. Most of the case, you need several players to get free reigns to focus it, or to use an uber close to it, right? Anyway, i should stop talking at this point.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

Aye this is sort of where my unpopular personal opinion comes into play, though. I personally dont like the fact that the combo often needs to uber in and focus the gun. It leaves large portions of the map shut down untill you get uber. this makes pushes mostly happen when you have uber, so dry pushes are a lot less frequent and the game becomes less fluid and slower. Not to mention that it severely limits the potential of flank classes to make plays for a large period of time.

not true

http://youtu.be/B2PhB6pIQLo?t=45m36s

.zero

-chess-

Nice stickyjump :D

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]
it doesnt promote fun gameplay..

Depends what you call “fun”. Because, as an engi main, the fun comes from the fact that I can play and hold a position with my sentry. Remove the wrangler and all “my” fun goes out. And I’ll say that no wrangler doesn’t promote fun gameplay. It’s normal for a scout in attack PL to be annoyed by a wrangled sentry because you have 125hp and no fire power. And btw you can do that:
http://youtu.be/Qbl4XtPneG0?t=31s
You can use advantage of a wrangled sentry during a push, because the engi won’t focus you first.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

at no point did I write that the combo focuses the sentry.

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

at no point did I write that the combo focuses the sentry.

thats just a conclusion i drew from reading your post. i assumed that a combo distracting an engie meant that they shot at the gun. do they not?

Fuxx

REMOVE

The point he is trying to make is that there is no reason to be constrained by a specific meta in a gamemode where the meta is constantly changing.

The Combo usually focus the sentry but also can focus on just getting as many kills as possible or they can do other things which you can use your imagination for.

4hp

If we’re going to talk weapon whitelist I might as well cash my 2 cents:

* Rescue ranger + wrangler are fine in my opinion. Banning wrangler will make engineer with level 3 too weak to really defend anything and engies will start running minis even more and I think promoting gunslinger goes against the spirit of what engineer is. As for the RR, it makes engie more fun and opens a lot of possibilities for him at the cost of gimping his self-defence abilities. Basically the way to counter these engies is killing them – which is much easier when they can’t really defend themselves without a sentry.

* Bazooka is also fine. I will agree it’s pretty damn strong for bombing provided you know how to jump with it, but it makes the soldier weaker in direct combat. Catch him with no rockets pre-loaded and he’s basically a free frag, hell even reflects are incredibly easy to predict in that situation.

* DR/Spycicle… well, for the longest time I thought they were absolutely fine as a pyro main. Well sure, a DR-cicle spy with good movement is extremely hard to kill as a pyro, but you can at least take away his knife and ensure he can’t do much more than annoy and distract with his gun, right? Well… since I met that handful of spies that can absolutely demolish a team with the ambassador alone, I’m not so sure any more.

Of course there are some fantastic spies with the default revolver but I don’t mind those because they have to be close range to do work. Now having what is essentially a second sniper wandering about your back lines, clicking everyone’s heads from out of the range of almost every other class… at that point it’s not really the pyro’s job any more, you have to get your flank classes to chase a spy, and potentially allow their flank classes to gain a lot of ground on you.

I’m not really saying anything should be banned, it’s the spy’s credit if he can aim so well he disrupts a team like that. But it makes me feel like a really useless pyro.

*EDIT* I said a couple of things about the reserve shooter but it turns out the NA pyros don’t run it because of a gentleman’s agreement and it’s about to be banned in UGC too so I stand corrected.

Last edited by 4hp,

Munky

AEUGH

RR+Wrangler combo: Is strong but removing either weapon would have a bigger negative effect than the positives any ban would bring. Banning the RR is the more realistic option of the two but it would be a sad day as it has made things so much more interesting and given so much utility to the engineer.

Beggars: Needs a ban. Seen some really stupid stuff in scrims and it dumbs the game down.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Munky

RR+Wrangler combo: Is strong but removing either weapon would have a bigger negative effect than the positives any ban would bring. Banning the RR is the more realistic option of the two but it would be a sad day as it has made things so much more interesting and given so much utility to the engineer.

Beggars: Needs a ban. Seen some really stupid stuff in scrims and it dumbs the game down.

Imo only one who can even use beggars effectively is hartz

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Tseini

Imo only one who can even use beggars effectively is hartz

very effective at having no flank at any point yes

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »