Forum

Transparent Viewmodels/FOV Changer (Client Plugin)

Created 31st December 2011 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 27 Next »

Mark

Phase

Quoted from huhystah

you guys dont know shit

Let’s be honest – no one does, not even Valve.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

But if it can be avoided, full disclosure just gives the people who make hacks more information on how to avoid detection.

Er, no… you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about, since this makes absolutely no sense. This is basic stuff. Any hack writer for source that even knows the absolute basics will know this.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

i just made a AC Tool in VB that takes screenshots and everyone needs to run it while playing

Sourcecode:

Dim bounds As Rectangle
Dim screenshot As System.Drawing.Bitmap
Dim graph As Graphics
bounds = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds
screenshot = New System.Drawing.Bitmap(bounds.Width, bounds.Height,

System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb)
graph = Graphics.FromImage(screenshot)
graph.CopyFromScreen(bounds.X, bounds.Y, 0, 0, bounds.Size, CopyPixelOperation.SourceCopy)
PictureBox1.Image = screenshot

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

just make a vbtool that takes screenshots and everyone needs to run it while playing

Dim bounds As Rectangle
Dim screenshot As System.Drawing.Bitmap
Dim graph As Graphics
bounds = Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds
screenshot = New System.Drawing.Bitmap(bounds.Width, bounds.Height,

System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb)
graph = Graphics.FromImage(screenshot)
graph.CopyFromScreen(bounds.X, bounds.Y, 0, 0, bounds.Size, CopyPixelOperation.SourceCopy)
PictureBox1.Image = screenshot

You are really naive if you think that this is difficult to circumvent… because it can be circumvented really really easily (also lol vb)

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

o’rly?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Er, no… you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about, since this makes absolutely no sense. This is basic stuff. Any hack writer for source that even knows the absolute basics will know this.

No not in this case obviously, I wasn’t saying that at all, but surely that was the whole reason the AC team don’t post how they catch people. If they post that information it makes it clear and specific how hackers are being caught and what they need to change to avoid being caught.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

No not in this case obviously, I wasn’t saying that at all, but surely that was the whole reason the AC team don’t post how they catch people. If they post that information it makes it clear and specific how hackers are being caught and what they need to change to avoid being caught.

Don’t see how that is relevant to what is being discussed here. The methods of ratehacking that we feasibly could ban can be detected by this method, but it is not possible to avoid this detection. Even if they know how we do it, it doesn’t help them.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Don’t see how that is relevant to what is being discussed here. The methods of ratehacking that we feasibly could ban can be detected by this method, but it is not possible to avoid this detection. Even if they know how we do it, it doesn’t help them.

I was making a general point about full disclosure; how it doesn’t work if the detection is avoidable and can make the issue worse.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

I was making a general point about full disclosure; how it doesn’t work if the detection is avoidable and can make the issue worse.

And in this case, neither is true.

AnAkkk

Drunken_F00l: i fixed the thing where people were using super wide aspect ratios to get high FOVs and thus see thru walls in the periph
Drunken_F00l: next update

qckscpz

Not entirely sure if he’s saying the next update will fix the FOV “wallhack” bug or if they’re gonna swap to vert- and drop eyefinity support entirely.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from qckscpz

Not entirely sure if he’s saying the next update will fix the FOV “wallhack” bug or if they’re gonna swap to vert- and drop eyefinity support entirely.

he obviously said the former.

qckscpz

Quoted from octochris

[…]

he obviously said the former.

He said he fixed the thing where people use wide aspect ratios to get high FOVs and use it to see through walls, not that he fixed the thing where people at high FOVs see through walls.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I hope they don’t change the fact that wider AR’s give a wider fov, because as far as I can see, that would mean that the problem would be “inverted” and wider AR would mean a smaller vertical fov (whilst maintaining constant horizontal fov). It would put all users with oldschool monitors (5:4 and 4:3) at an advantage? :o … Black borders left and right, here I come?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from qckscpz

[…]

He said he fixed the thing where people use wide aspect ratios to get high FOVs and use it to see through walls, not that he fixed the thing where people at high FOVs see through walls.

note the words “super wide”.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 27 Next »