Highlander Winter 2023: Home
Banner by soda
Highlander Winter Season 2023 Schedule
- Signups: CLOSED
- Publishing of Provisional Divisions: January 19th
- Publishing of Final Divisions: January 21st
- Main Season: January 22nd – February 24th
- Playoffs: February 25th – March 12th
Premiership & Division 1
This season will introduce a new system similar to our last 6s season with picks and bans of a select set of maps each week during the regular season. Teams will have to proceed to a heavy fist fight if they cannot choose which teams are A and B.
- For Stopwatch maps teams will go as follow: Team A bans/Team B bans/Last map played
- For KOTH maps teams will go as follow: Team A bans – Team B bans / Team A picks – Team B picks
This subset of maps will be used during the season each week:
- Week 1: pl_upward_f10 / pl_vigil_rc9 / cp_steel_f12
- Week 2: koth_product_final / koth_warmtic_f10 / koth_proplant_v8 / koth_cascade
- Week 3: pl_upward_f10 / pl_vigil_rc9 / cp_steel_f12
- Week 4: koth_product_final / koth_warmtic_f10 / koth_proplant_v8 / koth_cascade
- Week 5: pl_upward_f10 / pl_vigil_rc9 / cp_steel_f12
Will be updated at a later date.
Division 2 & Below
The season will use the usual rules, and the following map rotation will be used:
- Week 1: pl_upward_f10
- Week 2: koth_product_final & koth_cascade
- Week 3: cp_steel_f12
- Week 4: koth_warmtic_f10 & koth_proplant_v8
- Week 5: pl_vigil_rc9
For divisions 2, 3, 4 and 5 we will be using a single elimination format, with the top 4 teams from each division making playoffs. The following schedule will be used:
- Semi Finals: February 25th – March 4th
- Grand Final: March 5th – March 12th
For the Open division, we will be using a single elimination format, with the top 8 teams making the playoffs. The following schedule will be used:
- Quarter Finals: February 25th – March 1st
- Semi Finals: March 2nd – March 7th
- Grand Final: March 8th – March 12th
The following change will be applied during the Winter 2023 Season. An updated Whitelist can be found here.
- The Flying Guillotine is now banned
The enabled plugins are the following, as long as you run the latest ETF2L config these will all be enabled:
- The random variable in fall damage calculation will be removed (sm_deterministic_fall_damage 1).
- Mediguns that are dropped while the ubercharge is active will be emptied (sm_empty_active_ubercharges_when_dropped 1).
- Crossbow bolts will no longer pass through teammates when in close range (sm_fix_ghost_crossbow_bolts 1).
- Gameplay state that changed because of the UserCmd handling bug will be restored to what it was before the pause.(sm_fix_post_pause_state 1).
- Players won’t stop while sliding on slopes anymore (sm_fix_slope_bug 1).
- Stickies will no longer fail to detonate when swapping weapons (sm_fix_sticky_delay 1).
- Clients will not be able to use the
extendfreezecommand. This prevents some information leak, players can use this command after dying to spectate their killer in third person (sm_inhibit_extendfreeze 1).
- All pipes will have their collider resized to the set value in Hammer Units (sm_override_pipe_size 4.0).
- Projectiles will pass through teammates, but not friendly buildings (sm_projectiles_ignore_teammates 1).
- No souls will be spawned during the Halloween holiday events (sm_remove_halloween_souls 1).
- Gunboats resistance will apply even if the explosion hurts an enemy (sm_gunboats_always_apply 1).
- The Winger’s jump bonus will only take effect when the weapon is fully deployed (sm_winger_jump_bonus_when_fully_deployed 1).
Futher explanation, and other plugins can be found on TwiiKuu‘s Github.