Forum

Help on horizontal ctap?

Created 22nd January 2014 @ 14:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

jx53

I can hit it almost every time vertically, but I am struggling to transferring the timing into the horizontal one. Any maps/places to practice especially horizontal ctap?

ADD ME if you can teach it

Last edited by jx53,

profix

FLANK

Granary – Catwalk to Catwalk

hf

jx53

Quoted from profix

Granary – Catwalk to Catwalk

hf

With wall or without?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from jx53

[…]
With wall or without?

without

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Timing is exactly the same, you just have to get the right angle.

jx53

Quoted from Sideshow

Timing is exactly the same, you just have to get the right angle.

Could you give a picture of an ideal one?
is it more below or more aiming right or wat

Last edited by jx53,

Falcon0408

Quoted from jx53

[…]
Could you give a picture of an ideal one?
is it more below or more aiming right or wat

its more crouching right. just do a normal rocket jump but with the crouch bit as well. idk what your sensitivity is like but i tend to crouch as i turn round to shoot the rocket, not before i start turning.
edit: the way i got it down was just joining empty mge servers and jumping around. its very noticable when you do it right, you go much further and faster.

Last edited by Falcon0408,

jx53

Quoted from Falcon0408

[…]

its more crouching right. just do a normal rocket jump but with the crouch bit as well. idk what your sensitivity is like but i tend to crouch as i turn round to shoot the rocket, not before i start turning.
edit: the way i got it down was just joining empty mge servers and jumping around. its very noticable when you do it right, you go much further and faster.

I do almost a full 180 when rocket jumping? Is that any good

Can you join 188.165.250.21:27019 and help me or possibly add me?

Last edited by jx53,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

You do the angle just like you would do a normal horizontal RJ, maybe a slight bit higher if anything. Then just ctap instead of crouchjumping.

EDIT: By a slight bit higher, I mean you aim lower so your jump goes a slight bit higher.

Last edited by Sideshow,

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

jump_measure

jx53

Quoted from Dr. Heinz

jump_measure

dl link?

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Copied from tf2jump.com (which is kinda down, the new jump site is jump.tf):

Note: this is for single player only; don’t put it on the jump server!

I think I’m done messing with this map for now, so I figured I’d let you guys play with it if you’re interested in seeing how high or how far you can jump (for science!). Basically the map is two rooms: one that lets you dynamically adjust the height of a tower, and the other room lets you adjust the horizontal gap distance of a platform…in other words, one for testing jump heights and one for testing jump distances.

Each room has some triangular buttons that let you adjust how many unit to adjust the tower/platform, with a maximum of 2000 units. There are also some square buttons on the wall that are for resetting back to zero, although the tower room will cycle between 0, 500 and 1000 units.

Downloads:
– jump_measure BSP file http://www.mediafire.com/download/p55157u7x51lesp/jump_measure.zip
– jump_measure VMF map source file and textures (for interested mappers only) http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp3qndredoe27q9/jump_measure-src.zip

Some random things to know:
– Blue team spawns in tower room, Red team spawns in horizontal platform room.
– The tower room is adjusted so the Z position of “cl_showpos 1” is zero (actually 0.3), although this only applies for soldier, demoman, engineer, and pyro.
– The tower room has small pools of water to test rocket jumps out of water which gives a big boost.
– Regen in the tower room only surrounds the wooden area around the tower and extends upward; on horizontal platform side, it covers the surface of the moving platform and part of the starting area.
– This map isn’t just for rocket jumping with soldier, so try other classes too.
– To my knowledge, 691 units is the highest crouch-tap, and 627 units is the highest normal rocket jump; see if you can beat it ;)
– My hope with this map is that people will discover and share their jump heights/distances they’ve achieved, so if you’ve gathered some good data, please post it here on the tf2jump.com forum.

Known bugs:
– If you try to set the number past 2000, it will bug out. The numbers will appear to go past 2000 units, but it won’t really, and if you try to decrease it after that, the numbers will be incorrect. If this happens, shoot the square button on the wall to reset.
– Your current Z position (height) can possibly get out of sync if you’re on the tower while adjusting values, or if you jump when the tower is moving, or if you take fall damage landing on the tower. Verify your Z position with “cl_showpos 1”, and reset back to zero by shooting the square button if you need to.
I- f you use something like Chris’ maxframes config to tweak your graphics settings, it might disable overlays, which ends up hiding the numbers on the wall. If you don’t see the green numbers on the wall, type in “r_renderoverlayfragment 1” (without quotes) in the developer console to enable overlays again.

Screenshots:
http://backup.jump.tf/forums/i.imgur.com/q3WwtFf.jpg
http://backup.jump.tf/forums/i.imgur.com/gJU5RwP.jpg

Last edited by Dr. Heinz,

damneasy

I dont think you can do it vertical if you cant do it horizontal, you almost dont notice the vertical one btw.

hr

the haunter to spire jump

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from hr

the haunter to spire jump

the anywhere to spire jump

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »