Forum

The Loose Cannon thread

Created 10th January 2014 @ 14:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Setlet

What do you think of this weapon? I feel like it’s too hard to get DONKS! which is the only way to get more dmg than a the normal Grenade Launcher. In close range, you need to charge the grenade too long for it to be effective. However you can push people back which can be counterproductive.

I like the addition of primary weapons for Demoman (Valve pls nerf Loch’n’Load with 5dmg and buff it with another way so scouts wont ragequit) in to the whitelist, however I feel like Loose Cannon is just too shit. I’ve seen some demomen use it in PCWs so I’m curious to hear their thoughts and tactics on how to use the weapon to its full potential.

By the way do DONKS instagib scouts? It gets a free minicrit so I guess they do.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Setlet

By the way do DONKS instagib scouts? It gets a free minicrit so I guess they do.

Depends on the timing. It can do somewhere between ~110 and ~150 damage on a double-dunk, so you just have to time it right.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Setlet

Sometimes, which is one of the reasons why it’s useful.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise ur donkers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

its like having a second sticky launcher you can spam with while you’ve got a trap up

ondkaja

IKEA

gay weapon

mostly used by demoman who cant aim with pipes

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Also, pushing people away when they push through chokepoints

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

I’d like to encourage more feedback on this weapon. Someone has suggested that it can one hit a medic with a Double Donk.

hr

Quoted from ondkaja

gay weapon

mostly used by demoman who cant aim with pipes

Thing is I don’t really play demo but I’m not bad at it and I can aim pipes pretty well but I’ve been trying out the cannon and I can’t aim it at all, I hit like 1/5, maybe it’s just that you have to charge it before release that makes it harder for me…

Also if it was my opinion I’d say why do you allow something which can 1 hit scouts and medics and is really annoying to play against if someone is good with it but not allow stuff like the direct hit which is a solid situational weapon, it seems to me like people just see 1 player use it in NA and decide it needs to be allowed which should not be the process of allowing weapons.

Last edited by hr,

Phnx

can 1 hit a medic only if it’s a perfect hit, did some testing on tr_walkway vs medic, took me about 5 minutes to get a 1 hit kill, 67 (direct hit) + 85 (donk) = 152, barely a kill and super hard to pull of, comes down to pretty much luck if you have above 40 ping.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Maybe you find it harder to hit, because the balls travel faster than the nades.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

You can one-hit kill a scout with a sticky too but I’ve personally never seen it happen because it’s so unlikely, I imagine you’ll all go through your next season without ever seeing a demo 1hit your med.

Add A Reply Pages: 1