Forum

Any decent players willing to MGE a pyro?

Created 2nd October 2013 @ 10:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Indivicivet

I’m looking for a practice partner who is good enough to beat me fairly consistently. Div5/6 (6v6) works if you know how to fight pyros, and div4 would be a good challenge. Above that might be worth trying to test my skills, but I’d probably get stomped hard enough for it not to be useful practice. I play a fair bit of MGE but it’s rare to find people who are both fairly skilled and willing to fight pyros. I’ll play against any class (except heavy/engineer), and if you can multiclass that’s ideal. I like ammomod [MGE]. Add me if you don’t mind playing =)

Spike Himself

TC

excuse my ignorance but why would you want to practise pyro on mge?

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Spike Himself

excuse my ignorance but why would you want to practise pyro on mge?

He plays highlander and i guess he offclass pyro in 6s too, so probably because he wants to get stronger in 1v1, better at predicting rockets and reflecting shit, improve his flare aim, or shotgun aim.

I don’t know, that’s just what i think when i think of pyro and mge :d

hr

Honestly pyro dm is the easiest thing ever seen as you just control people’s movement with the airblast and take any prediction out of the equation, therefore you don’t really need to mge in my opinion, if you want to improve I’d mge as a soldier if anything seen as you get used to aiming rockets more quickly.

Last edited by hr,

Indivicivet

Quoted from hr

Honestly pyro dm is the easiest thing ever seen as you just control people’s movement with the airblast and take any prediction out of the equation, therefore you don’t really need to mge in my opinion, if you want to improve I’d mge as a soldier if anything seen as you get used to aiming rockets more quickly.

Not really. If you’re just going to spam airblast you’re going to get wrecked by any decent soldier.

Mundi

dogs.tf

add http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaptains

Indivicivet

Quoted from Mundi

add http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaptains

added

hr

Quoted from Indivicivet

[…]
Not really. If you’re just going to spam airblast you’re going to get wrecked by any decent soldier.

I didn’t say that you just spam airblast now did I?
If you’re playing degreaser/flare/axe as most “dm” pyros do then at close range you usually set people on fire first and then you airblast, then you flare gun them or axe them while they can’t move. If you’re fighting a soldier at medium range then it’s just reflecting rockets which is basic timing, then the actual prediction part is exactly like playing soldier seen as you’re just aiming at their feet. If soldier’s are clever and won’t fire rockets at you while you have your flames out then you just play the retarded “I can switch weapons faster than you” game.

Pyro dm is nothing more than controlling people at close range and reflecting stuff which is just a form of soldier/demo dm.

Indivicivet

Quoted from hr

[…]
I didn’t say that you just spam airblast now did I?
If you’re playing degreaser/flare/axe as most “dm” pyros do then at close range you usually set people on fire first and then you airblast, then you flare gun them or axe them while they can’t move. If you’re fighting a soldier at medium range then it’s just reflecting rockets which is basic timing, then the actual prediction part is exactly like playing soldier seen as you’re just aiming at their feet. If soldier’s are clever and won’t fire rockets at you while you have your flames out then you just play the retarded “I can switch weapons faster than you” game.

Pyro dm is nothing more than controlling people at close range and reflecting stuff which is just a form of soldier/demo dm.

Unless they actually know how to airstrafe and shoot you. If they don’t fire at you while you have your flames out you just burn them to death. Rocket timing from the soldier’s perspective feels different to the pyro’s perspective.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

even if it sounds weird, but play public.
its probably a way better practise than mge as pyro

Peter

woohoo indi 4 prem

hr

Quoted from Indivicivet

[…]
Unless they actually know how to airstrafe and shoot you. If they don’t fire at you while you have your flames out you just burn them to death. Rocket timing from the soldier’s perspective feels different to the pyro’s perspective.

What does rocket jumping have to do with it? And I said at mid range where they you can only touch them with the flames, they’re gonna kill you with shotgun before you can burn them to death.

And there may be a very small difference in timing of the rockets but that changes with ping anyway, that’s not the reason you practice.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Please stop pyro mge. It won’t help you in an actual game because pyro is all situational. The amount of times you’ll be against a soldier 1v1 both of you with full health and nobody to interrupt is ridiculously low.

Just play pubs/hl.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Tomu

It won’t help you in an actual game because pyro is all situational. The amount of times you’ll be against a soldier 1v1 both of you with full health and nobody to interrupt is ridiculously low.

This, and IF you find yourself in that situation, you are probably already doing something wrong rofl

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

This, and IF you find yourself in that situation, you are probably already doing something wrong rofl

like being pyro

YEH I SAID IT!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »