Forum

Demoman Rollout Comparison - Badlands

Created 13th July 2013 @ 12:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Phnx

After testing out extremer’s rollout and seeing kaidus rollout workshop I wanted to compare the both, and since you come to middle with less hp cause you most of the time take fall damage from extremer’s rollout I wanted to grab the mini kit. and it doesn’t really affect the speed of the rollout if you don’t crouch at the stair jump.
here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vwXeC9Wx-I&feature=youtu.be

Godof

Good video, I wonder how no one has made that comparison yet (at least not from what I’ve seen,feel free to correct me).
But yeah, this video pretty much proves that there’s almost no difference between the 3 rollouts. I’d say that the extremer rollout is too risky compared to the others,because you can fuck it up pretty easily and it’s the hardest one to master.

Last edited by Godof,

Phnx

Quoted from Godof

Good video, I wonder how no one has made that comparison yet (at least not from what I’ve seen,feel free to correct me).
But yeah, this video pretty much proves that there’s almost no difference between the 3 rollouts. I’d say that the extremer rollout is too risky compared to the others,because you can fuck it up pretty easily and it’s the hardest one to master.

b4nny’s is not good, to slow.
extremer’s and kaidus are both really hard.
but I am practicing them to make them perfect. extremer did it every time, and kaidus did his own perfectly almost always.
there is no reason why anyone else can’t.

Setsul

The “b4nny rollout” can be done with the wallsticky and the stairjump should be a bit different (and a bit faster). If you do it right 9:44 is pretty much guaranteed but i haven’t seen anything better than 9:44.5.

The sticky placement for the kaidus stairjump and dropdown jump you’re using are a bit different and slower that’s why it wasn’t 9:46 otherwise it’s perfect.

Personally i find the extremer rollout a bit too risky, messing up the first jump completely kills the rollout instead of just slowing you down a bit.

Phnx

Quoted from Setsul

The “b4nny rollout” can be done with the wallsticky and the stairjump should be a bit different (and a bit faster). If you do it right 9:44 is pretty much guaranteed but i haven’t seen anything better than 9:44.5.

The sticky placement for the kaidus stairjump and dropdown jump you’re using are a bit different and slower that’s why it wasn’t 9:46 otherwise it’s perfect.

Personally i find the extremer rollout a bit too risky, messing up the first jump completely kills the rollout instead of just slowing you down a bit.

kaidus almost never pulls off 9:48 on the health pack/9:46 out of house.
it’s rare.
I am pretty sure the same can be done with extremer’s if the first jump is perfect.
and the same way you can mess the kaidus rollout.
as I see it it’s if you hug the wall in spawn you should do extremer cause placing the sticky on the wall is a bit diffucult and if you don’t hug the wall you can’t do extremer’s so you place it on the wall.
can’t see the problem with that.

Setsul

Quoted from Phnx

as I see it it’s if you hug the wall in spawn you should do extremer cause placing the sticky on the wall is a bit diffucult and if you don’t hug the wall you can’t do extremer’s so you place it on the wall.
can’t see the problem with that.

I’d say could instead of should. I meant that if the spawn isn’t perfect you might not be able to do the first jump and if you messed it up you’ve probably hit a wall or the vents whereas you don’t have to do all jumps perfect to get at least 9:44 with kaidus rollout.
Maybe i just don’t trust the spawns.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

first of all i dont get it why “putting a sticky on the floor” = “b4nnys rollout”

also its possible to reach the health kit at 9:47 and if you do it perfect ..really close to 9:48

also stop fucking tryhard your rollouts! its not fair… lets say all demos have to wait until 9:44 until they shoot their first sticky… everyone should be able to do this. i guess that would be a really good deal

Last edited by .kr4tos,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Think my rollout is best tbh:

First sticky on side of spawn door.
Smack head on pipe and drop to floor. Take damage.
Walk through main and drop sticky at foot of stairs.
Smack head on arch where little health pack is or kneecap one’s self on the stairs, both awesome.
Throw sticky on edge of drop down.
Detonate sticky whilst crouching but always, always jump, so head smacks into stupid grate thing and drop down.
Walk through valley on 15 health and go down to a long range scatter shot from the scout under.
Profit.

Why am I so good you ask? Practice my friends, practice.

Phnx

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
I’d say could instead of should. I meant that if the spawn isn’t perfect you might not be able to do the first jump and if you messed it up you’ve probably hit a wall or the vents whereas you don’t have to do all jumps perfect to get at least 9:44 with kaidus rollout.
Maybe i just don’t trust the spawns.

I prefer my rollout by my spawn, if my first in spawn jump is good enough for extremer I’ll do it, if it’s not I’ll do kaidus’es.

Phnx

Quoted from .kr4tos

first of all i dont get it why “putting a sticky on the floor” = “b4nnys rollout”

http://youtu.be/EuUgjydRiew?t=8m14s

kaidus

WiK?

dbl

Last edited by kaidus,

kaidus

WiK?

Told ya so!

Phnx

?

vani

Bully

Quoted from Monkeh

Think my rollout is best tbh:

First sticky on side of spawn door.
Smack head on pipe and drop to floor. Take damage.
Walk through main and drop sticky at foot of stairs.
Smack head on arch where little health pack is or kneecap one’s self on the stairs, both awesome.
Throw sticky on edge of drop down.
Detonate sticky whilst crouching but always, always jump, so head smacks into stupid grate thing and drop down.
Walk through valley on 15 health and go down to a long range scatter shot from the scout under.
Profit.

Why am I so good you ask? Practice my friends, practice.

did hallow mentor you?

Setsul

Quoted from Phnx

?

http://www.twitch.tv/kaidus/c/2483076
22:00
?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »