Forum

PREC records demos, but does not play them

Created 2nd June 2014 @ 03:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

FeroxTF2

.dp

So I changed the directory of the demos by using: “prec_dir demos”, however it won’t let me play them. The demos and Killstreaks.txt are present in the ‘demos’ file (in tf/demos) but when I type ‘playdemo (name of demo that is in the ‘demos’ file)’ in the console, it says that it couldn’t open the file for reading.

Maybe it is also worth noting that the demos I recorded before directing them to ‘demos’ (that are present in the tf folder) are still playable.

Do I somehow switch the directory back to the previous one?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by FeroxTF2,

eppz

MEAT

playdemo demos/*insert demoname*

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

I think I have that too, I can’t play demos with “playdemo demoname” if they aren’t in my tf folder. But I can with just opening it through the demoui. Try that.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from eppz

playdemo demos/*insert demoname*

This is your solution. What you give the “playdemo” command isn’t so much ‘the name of the demo’, rather, it’s ‘the full relative path to the demo file’. If your demo is in the /tf/ folder then you don’t need to specify anything, but in your case, as eppz poitns out, you need to tell it to look in the /demos/ directory.

p.s. for nitpicking’s sake (thread title) – prec records demos, it does not play them

Last edited by Spike Himself,

kaidus

WiK?

You’ve been Spike’d.

Spike Himself

TC

That’s a good thing, right?

Right? :(

edit; wait – was the thread title changed or does it genuinely look like I am trying to correct it? :D All I was trying to say is that prec is not a thing you can play demos with.. I am confused now

Last edited by Spike Himself,

AnimaL

shift+f2

FeroxTF2

.dp

Thanks, it works now!

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Spike Himself

That’s a good thing, right?

Right? :(

edit; wait – was the thread title changed or does it genuinely look like I am trying to correct it? :D All I was trying to say is that prec is not a thing you can play demos with.. I am confused now

Someone edited it after your remark, Nitpick himself, all is fine.

Add A Reply Pages: 1