Forum

Highlander Rules Clarification

Created 10th August 2010 @ 14:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

Hi, sorry if these things have been covered, but i just wanted to confirm a couple points in the rules, which are perhaps very minor points, but i just wanna be sure so as it doesn’t come back to bite me, as well as perhaps a few other teams that might try and use a few loop holes in the rules.

1) ok, i think i can guess the answer to this, but i didn’t see it clearly mentioned, though maybe i’m just blind and it is :D…. Playing for a team that wins or is knocked out gets you a badge, but does mercing for that clan get you a badge?

2) this is something i think a few clans/players might try and wriggle around but again, i can’t really see it in the rules. The rule is….

2.1.1 Participants: Only players that are new to competitive play or playing in division 6

The tournament is meant for new and casual players. Players that have played in division 5 or higher in season 5, 6 or 7 (or the equivalent in any other league), are not allowed to participate, other than as a buddy. Breaking this rule will lead to penalties for the whole team.

Is that “Playing” Playing, or “Playing” as in registered for that clan. Like for example, a player might be listed in a Div1 clan, or Div2 clan, etc/whatever, for Season 7, but never actually played said season, they don’t show up on a status sceenshot or score screenshot and didn’t actually play for the clan during the season… maybe the clan dropped after 1 match, or they just were never around. Does this still count as “Playing for the Clan” during the listed seasons/competitions?

I can see some teams saying players never played for a clan, but were in the team.

imo playing for a team is if your registered for the team, whether or not you actually played a match. Your on call to play incase of drops and so forth. So just wondering on the official stance for this? as it may free up one or two players for teams… or not as the case may be :D

Monkeh

.:ne:.

If you’re on a roster for a div 2 team I think it’s safe to say you aint a community player wot is noob!

infussle

Quoted from Monkeh

a community player

define

Monkeh

The tournament is called ‘The Highlander Community Challenge’.

It’s designed for public players who haven’t even sniffed a 6v6 match, the ‘community’ as a whole. It is not meant for pros, hence anyone who has been on any 6v6 roster above Div6 in Season 5, 6 or 7 isn’t allowed to play except for the buddy rule.

Seriously, see the news front page and rules section if you want clarification but here’s some of it copy pasted for you….

‘This tournament is meant for people who are new to competitive play, a competition to find the very best pub team. That said, we understand that many Division 6 teams are community teams, so they will be eligible to take part. Much like the World Cup, the tournament will kick off with a Group Phase designed so that all teams involved will have the chance to play some exciting games. After the Group Phase the best two teams from each group will engage in a straight knock-out cup as we progress on in our journey to discover, and reward, the very best Pub team in Europe.’

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

no probs, just stating what the rules say, as rules are official, news is more of a casual announcement to get things started. all i can see is later down the line when the news is long forgotten about, people will just refer to the rules, and not look for a news posting that might hint at things :D

i also understand that is community and public based, but the rule states that people who haven’t been in div5 and above can join, and that doesn’t really cover skill level properly, since there are many quality players who could handle higher divs, but choose not to join an ETF2L clan, or prefer to play div6.

so all in all it’s just good to know official stances, i’m not trying to pick fault with the system or anything as i think it’s a good setup…. i just know what kinds of problems can be dragged up from clans, and before i moan at our future opponents i wanna get my facts straight :D

randa

Wish we had a seperate rec section for highlander fags be spamming it :/

Monkeh

Quoted from Nagash

the rule states that people who haven’t been in div5 and above can join, and that doesn’t really cover skill level properly, since there are many quality players who could handle higher divs, but choose not to join an ETF2L clan, or prefer to play div6.

There is no other way to ‘police’ it though, who assess skill level otherwise? Plus to be fair it’s more about experience than skill, I’m sure there will be some skilled players in there but without the experience of comp play.

Quoted from Nagash

before i moan at our future opponents i wanna get my facts straight :D

Dont moan, it aint that important, honest, it’s for fun.

Quoted from Nagash

so all in all it’s just good to know official stances

I am, in no way, official!

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

yeah i know your not official, just mean it’s good to know :D

also my moaning only comes from people ruining my fun :D 90% of the time anyway :D.

@randa, deal with it, it’s the topic of the day for the moment :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1