Forum

Mumble Slowly Breaking

Created 25th July 2010 @ 20:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ilike2spin

RLM

I had some problems before where I was timing out from mumble every few minutes or so. I managed to fix it by shutting down any outside programs using the internet and it worked fine for about a week. Now the disconnects are back and it’s really getting me frustrated. After they started again the program has got really slow like it’ll take 10 seconds just to change channel once I’ve clicked and it takes ages to connect. I’ve tried reinstalling and tried on a multitude of different servers with the same issues.

Today I started getting a different problem where I time out reconnect and then have sound for roughly 5 seconds before I lose it. My mic is working fine as are my headphones, everyone can hear me but I cant hear them. This is only after I time out.

It seems like an internet issue since it only happens at certain times of the day where I think other people are using the internet (although it is still slow to connect and move channels even at those times) but I’ve tried with ventrilo and I don’t get any of the same problems.

I hope someone can help me because I’d rather not switch to ventrilo since we’re trying to trial new players but right now it seems to be the only solution.

Thanks for any wisdom you can share.

AnimaL

find tcp mode in options

yes its ur isp beeing gay and limiting voip

frymaster

you can probably right-click on your name and do “information”, it’ll tell you if it is indeed UDP packets you are dropping

turning on TCP mode will basically make your voice latency be shit, but it might be what needs to happen

(worse, in UDP mode, if there’s a dropped packet it just glosses over it and keeps going. In TCP mode, it waits for it to arrive, then requests it to be resent, and waits again, and won’t go on until it gets there. Great for downloading programs, crap for real-time voice)

Add A Reply Pages: 1