Forum

A script for sentryjumping?

Created 11th July 2010 @ 12:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

wegorz

Can anyone help me with that? I manage to do it but it would be so much easier if I had a script for it.

It would go: fire rockets(M2) – change weapon(Q) – pickup sentry(M2).

I’m totally new to scripting and as for now I only know that I should either use this: bind "key" "command; wait X; explode"
or this:
bind "key" "command; command; command"

P.S. Would this kind of script be considered cheating? I mean it doesn’t make your stickies explode faster or anything.

Anyway all help will be appreciated. :)

Last edited by wegorz,

Stew

bind x “+jump ; +duck ; wait 10 ; quit”

I think that should work :D

Last edited by Stew,

TopGear

tH

wait command was removed ages ago or flagged as a cheat cvar. Typically speaking anything that is extremly hard to do without a script or is impossible to do should imo be flagged as a cheat. Scripts that automate simple tasks like automatic reloading or build or detonate sentry are fine or even rocket jumping. But a script that switches to wrangler, shoots, jumps, changes gun to allow you to pickup senty all in a split second is very much on the edge of what should be allowed for scripting. That said, without a wait command im not sure if you could get it to work as you would probably switch gun too quickly or be caught in an infinite fire or jump loop. The only wait to get around it would be numerous alias commands and even then it may not work

Quoted from TopGear

wait command was removed ages ago

nope

Quoted from TopGear

or flagged as a cheat cvar.

nope

Quoted from TopGear

be caught in an infinite fire or jump loop

wtf

wegorz

Okay I tried to do it myself… and now the M2 button doesn’t respond. At all. Is there any way to restore default settings?

I guess I’ll just have to sentryjump on my own. ;(

Last edited by wegorz,

TopGear

tH

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

[…]
nope

[…]
nope

[…]
wtf

When they altered the wait command some of my scripts that had wait in would respone in console as “wait flagged as cheat cvar” etc, since then they have added sv_allow_wait_command which only allows wait to be used when its turned on. As for the loops, without the wait commands sometimes you can code an infinite loop.

Dogghi

бекон

//SentryJump
alias +sentryjump “+jump;+duck;+attack2;slot3;+attack2”
alias -sentryjump “-jump;-duck;-attack2”
bind mouse2 “+sentryjump”

something like that, but I think this one won’t work without wait commands.

Btw, just train picking up the sentry while jumping :P

Oh, and it’s not considered a cheat, you can sentry jump without the script.

Last edited by Dogghi,

berg

i have the script

Quoted from TopGear

[…]

When they altered the wait command some of my scripts that had wait in would respone in console as “wait flagged as cheat cvar” etc, since then they have added sv_allow_wait_command which only allows wait to be used when its turned on. As for the loops, without the wait commands sometimes you can code an infinite loop.

– allow_wait_command does not flag wait with FCVAR_CHEAT and never has
– wait is not a convar

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

TopGear

tH

sorry joneses, I lost interest in what you had to say when you said that wait is not a cvar. cvar is a console variable enough said there i think.

anyway this should get the job done for whoever wants to do some engi jumping and picking up. To get this to work you have to make sure you have the wrangler set as your main weapon and be looking directly at your sg to pick it up.

alias “+engijump” “+jump; +duck; +attack2”
alias “-engijump” “-jump; -duck; slot3; +attack2; -attack2”

bind mouse2 “+engijump; -attack2”

You may find that if you are not in range of your sg when you try to pick it up that when you swap back to your wrangler you will fire a rocket.

Quoted from TopGear

sorry joneses, I lost interest in what you had to say when you said that wait is not a cvar. cvar is a console variable enough said there i think.

Do you know what a variable is? It’s from latin variare, meaning “to change”.
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Developer_Console#Commands_and_variables

wait is considered to be a command.

As for the loop, I don’t see how that is possible. There is no way the wait command will cause your script to end up in a loop.

Also I couldn’t get your script to work (have you tried it?). I did however spend 2 minutes slapping a script of my own together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtEh8VlhRTc

works as a charm with millisecond precision, would you look at that. :-)

Pendji

Mind sharing? :p

TopGear

tH

wait 5
wait 10
wait 15

command or variable ?

Quoted from TopGear

wait 5
wait 10
wait 15

command or variable ?

Did you read what I linked you?

They come in two forms: commands and variables. Commands are simply keywords, but variables (“cvars”) require a value of some sort before they are accepted. When setting a cvar you might type something like this :

Passing the command an argument doesn’t make it a variable.

Here’s a proper list of HL2 CVars and Commands:
http://basicer.com/makecmdlist.php

Note “cmd”. Your console will tell you the same. I couldn’t care less about you being wrong, but the fact that you’re teaching other people facts you’ve pulled out of your arse makes me sad.

There are articles about ConVars and ConCommands on tf2wiki, but some retarded dickwad has added incorrect titles to the pages. The page added specifically for commands has cvars added to it, but you can tell the commands apart by the lack of a default value (cell is empty).

Please drop it and help wegorz by fixing your script or wait for someone else to do so.

Mark

Phase

A very important discussion.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »