Forum

What mouse should I buy?

Created 13th March 2010 @ 15:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Hi! I’ve been using an old BENQ mouse for 4 years, I don’t even know it’s name. I’ve seen lots of new mices out there but I’m a noob and I’m not sure which one of them is better. I decided to open this topic because I’d like to hear some advices from you before I decide what to buy.

danny.

Alot of ppl are using the Logitech MX518 just go to a shop and test some the one who fits the best in ur hand is the best for you :P
Razer is always a good choice but Logitech rules also.
I have a Roccat Kone and Iam happy with it

hope that i could help u

torden

broder
syster

different people stick to their different models and makes. Considering you’ll be using your mouse several hours pr day for years, the price (30 euros or 70 euros) doesn’t make much difference.

The biggest difference lies in how the mouse is shaped, button layout, and weight. If you’re lucky, you know some people who has a mouse you can try. Otherwise, you could go to a store and ask to try them out.

Otherwise, have a look at what you don’t like about your current mouse (aside from technical specs), and look at how other current mice solves these problems.

Hmmm…the only problem is that in this shitty country we don’t have gaming mices in stores, there are some websites where I can buy them, so I can’t touch them before I buy them =(

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Roccat kone!

http://gamingweapons.com/roccat-kone-review/

mb

keso

the new MX518 refresh.

Quoted from torden

different people stick to their different models and makes. Considering you’ll be using your mouse several hours pr day for years, the price (30 euros or 70 euros) doesn’t make much difference.

The biggest difference lies in how the mouse is shaped, button layout, and weight. If you’re lucky, you know some people who has a mouse you can try. Otherwise, you could go to a store and ask to try them out.

Otherwise, have a look at what you don’t like about your current mouse (aside from technical specs), and look at how other current mice solves these problems.

I don’t like my mouse mainly because it’s broken. When I play fps for example, my character starts spinning and it doesn’t stop until I move the mouse again. I died in several tf2 games when I could easily win.

pena

I have been using my mx518 for 3 years now and i love it.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

lol’d at people go: THIS ONE’S BEST..
No as some others say it’s the weight/feeling you have with them..
DiamondBack 3G and DeathAdder have both diffrent shapes but optimal tracking
as the mx518 is way bigger and only right handed like the deathadder so diamondback would be the better choice if youre left handed.. now for personal opinion!

Mx518 is a great mouse but didn’t fit my hand well but tracked well but broke too soon had like 3… in 1,5 year.

Now I got a DeathAdder and i’m really happy with it fits my hand well tracks really well didn’t break (yet) so GL in your search!

Edd

T2P

what he said^

Basically when I was choosing mice Iwent for the flashiest and nicest looking that I could afford, I bought the lachesis spent like 50 quid on it simply because it has 4000 DPI.

After owning it, its shit tbh.
I then took into consideration most of my mates used an old intelli mouse 3.0 soI got that.

That is the best mouse i’ve ever used, big enough for my hands etc etc. I would still be using it had some prick not stolen it at lan.

I now own a kone as I couldn’t get another 3.0.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Sir Remix

Roccat kone!

http://gamingweapons.com/roccat-kone-review/

tbh the thing is basically an mx518 that looks worse

Iller

tGa

Quoted from torden

True words.

If you don’t like the shape and/or other physical attributes of the mouse then it doesn’t matter how good the technical specs are. After spending many hours each week with such a mouse you will get annoyed.
So, go to a local computer store with a large collection of mice. If you find some candidates which have a nice feel, you can try to find som more info about them.

Personally I would recommend the Mionix Naos 5000. It’s expensive, but as close to perfection as you can get with a mouse in my opinion.
The shape and feeling is optimal for me. It’s like an improved Ikari in that aspect.

The technical quality is very high and you have a software where you can customize a lot of things on the mouse, like lift-off distance, separate DPI on x and y axis, 24 different colors to use for example for different profiles, a mouse pad analyzer so you measure the tracking bla bla.
If I were to buy a new mouse today I would not even consider buying anything else unless I wanted something cheaper.

However, the MX 518 is a very good option too, it’s very cheap, been tested for ages and is technically very good.
Personally I don’t like the shape, but that is a matter of taste.

Waster

Quoted from Iller

[…]
The technical quality is very high and you have a software where you can customize a lot of things on the mouse, like lift-off distance, separate DPI on x and y axis, 24 different colors to use for example for different profiles, a mouse pad analyzer so you measure the tracking bla bla.
If I were to buy a new mouse today I would not even consider buying anything else unless I wanted something cheaper.

How many time are you using these features. I wouldnt pay for things i certainly dont use. A mouse is not only an investment in money. You also need to get used to the shape, sense and other feelings. And that takes some time too.

Iller

tGa

Quoted from Waster

[…]
How many time are you using these features. I wouldnt pay for things i certainly dont use. A mouse is not only an investment in money. You also need to get used to the shape, sense and other feelings. And that takes some time too.

I actually use those featues a lot.

Adjusting the lift-off distance is very useful to adapt it to your needs and taste. If you use extra glides or change mousemat you often have to change the lift-off distance to get optimal tracking.

Analyzing the mouse pad is also something very useful since you don’t have to guess how good your pad is when it comes to tracking. You can just test different pads and see which one your mouse preferrs.

I use different DPI on the X and Y axis since you usually don’t need to move the crosshair that far in the vertical direction compared to the horizontal direction.
This increases the precision when shooting crap in the air.

Even different colors is useful, since you can look at the color on your mouse to know what profile and settings you are using atm.

But you are of course right that one should not pay for a lot of features one does not use.

Last edited by Iller,

Smofo

Im THAT good!

But Iller how well does it track?
Don’t give me a soldier answer like: well mine tracks perfectly with 5 cm with a 360 turn!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »