Forum

Mouse Mats

Created 12th October 2009 @ 22:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys,

Well as much fun as 2:30am pickups listening to drunk people singing Johnny Cash songs is, The fact I can’t aim for shit because my mouse is tracking soo bad on my desk is becoming a bit annoying at every other time of the day.

At the moment, I have a real wood desk with the grain showing through and the texture comes through a little too, and I don’t use a mouse mat. I don’t know if I just notice it more so now after playing TF2 for about 2 years or whether my desk is getting worn or what, but I know I need a decent mouse mat to fix it.

I have a Logitech M500 mouse (1200dpi laser) and play with an in-game sens of about 9-10cm to turn 360. I would have just got a Razer Mantis and no question about it, but as they seem to not be sold anymore, I have no idea what to get. I’d prefer a soft mat as I go between my mum and dads house every week (take my whole PC back and forth, luckily its fine on my desk at my dads) and a hard mat would be a pain and eventually get broken.

So, any suggestions?

Dny

T2P

One with a turtle on it. I liek dem.

Skyride

DUCS

bump? :<

dougiie

CotC

turtles adam, one with teh turtles.

but yeah, go with steel series, I like mine because its easy to handle, and it was only €10.

fJack

k^m

any of the qck’s and i’ve heard good things about the puretrack talent. you really don’t need to spend a lot on a mouse mat unless you have very specific needs such as an extremely low sens.

Sketch

MM

just dont get a fabric pad for a lazer mouse
other than that. erm steel series lazer mice pads are good

hykleri

Razer Sphex.

Gaming grade desktop skin
The Razer Sphex brings a new approach to the gaming surface line that has not been seen before. The ultrathin form factor allows gamers to play on a gaming grade surface that is literally a skin of the desktop.

And its true. It is like a dektop skin, its rly thin.

Adheres to any surface
The innovative adhesive used for the Razer Sphex enables you to attach and remove it easily; making it the perfect companion anywhere you go. And don’t worry about it getting dirty, as you can just wash it and it’s going to be like new again.

True again. It wont move a BIT! Just put it where u want, and it will BE there. :) And its cheap too. Im really happy with it.

Last edited by hykleri,

Skyride

DUCS

Spoke to Hykleri on steam, this mat looks bloody awesome, just ordered it there. Should have it on Wednesday. :DD

hykleri

i are winrar

Dny

T2P

Everyone’s happy now that James May’s happy :>

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

You made a bad mistake going for the first mat you heard of so easily.

Ive had over 20 mousepads in my gaming years, and consider myself the expect.

I advise if you’re looking at cloth (comfortable but with more friction – generally bigger too): Qck+, Puretrak Talent, Boogiebug aimb. (Puretraks probably the best but the most costly)
Other good ones are the razer goliathus speed and qpad uc.

Hard pads (plastic/metal/glass): icemat (very small though), steelseries sx, steelseries s&s, funcpad.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

you use a high-sens, even quicker than mine, i use the goliathus control edition cloth mat – because it allows the speed but also the roughness for finer control – i dont like my mouse to slide at all

rtan

-9w-

I have the razer exactmat, its alright.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Got a question since many people play on a desk instead of a mousepad. These are the lift off distances for deathadder:

Wooden table top (yellowish wood): 1.2 mm
fUnc Surface 1030, blue, smooth side: 1.2 mm
Icemat 2nd Edition, black: 1.2 mm
MTW: 1.2 mm
fUnc Surface 1030, blue, rough side: 1.4 mm
Allsop raindrop, black/grey: 2.4 mm
Generic red mousepad: 2.4 mm
Generic green mousepad: 3.6 mm
QcK+, black: 3.6 mm
Steelpad 5l, tested on most of the colours: 3.6 mm
Razer Mantis Control: 4mm
Razer Mantis Speed: 6 mm

wooden table yellowish has minimum lift off distance so I was in a cooking store the other day and one of those cutting boards or whatever you call them in english you can cut stuff on theres like hardwooden and diffrent types of wooden surfaces how good would they track etc. Just curious, also you’re wondering: why not use your desk? Well with mine it’s impossible so I wonder what people think..

tl;dr: Wooden surface good for gaming?

Last edited by Smofo,

Buck

i had a goliathus control edition and it skipped like a bitch with my copperhead so i found some plastic thing with nice texture on it (like little craters in the plastic) and glued it on top of goliathus and sprayed a nice stencil on it, has perfect tracking for me, not too slipery not too draggy and no skipping its awesome :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »