Forum

Ikari Laser or Ikari Optical?

Created 28th June 2009 @ 17:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Mikey

I just played with the Ikari laser on a internet café and damn I’ve never played with such a sweet mouse, I want it, bad. But the store Im gonna get it from sells the Ikari Optical (which looks the same atleast) for half the price of the laser.

So, does someone who’s good at this knows why the laser kicks the opticals ass?
So I might save some money buying the optical

Iller

tGa

I had the Ikari Optical for a year and it was the most comfortable and best mouse I have ever tried.
I can highly recommend it.
However, now when my optical mouse is not working anymore I will try the laser version.

It is not necessarily better than the optical in all aspect, for example it is more demanding when it comes to mousepads and some people experience negative acceleration.
However, It has several functions the Optical does not have, for example the possibility to change you CPI/DPI in one unit steps and a so called “freemove” function removing interpolation.
It is also said to be better when it comes to precision tracking.

Both the Ikari laser and Optical are two of the best mice on the market.
I read some collection of reviews (32 to be exact) and the Ikari laser recieved an average score of 95% and the Ikari optical 87%.

The only negative thing about the Ikari mice is that many of them malfunction after some time. But if you have warranty it should not be a too big problem.

You will definetely not be dissapointed with the Ikari optical.
My only problem after using this for a long time is that all other mice feels somewhat uncomfortable.

Edit : There is one difference in the design of the Ikari laser and optical and that is the surface. The Ikari optical has a more shiny surface. If you sweat a lot like me when you play it doesn’t feel that good holding the I.O.
I guess the laser of more comfortable there.

Zap

I’ve also used the Ikari Optical mouse for less than a year and its been the best mouse I’ve had
but the downside is they randomly break after 3-7 months of normal usage.

my first Ikari Optical broke after 3 months, so I thought I was just unlucky and steel series replaced my broken mouse after I returned the broken mouse and payed for the delivery back to them

so then I start using my new Ikari Optical and it works fine for 7 months and then it breaks again, it simply stops reacting at random times for 1 second to 10 minutes

again steel series would replace the mouse with a new one, if I payed for the delivery of the broken mouse, but this time I googled a little and I learned it was common problem with the Ikari Optical so I didn’t bother getting a new mouse and instead I bought a mouse from Razer

its a shame really, it was the best mouse I’ve ever used

Iller

tGa

This was exactly what happened to me too.
For some reason the optical sensor is very good, but seems to be set on self destruct after some time..
Steelseries should really do something about this problem, since it is really common.

I am going to buy a Ikari laser now, but unfortunately I have heard many of them also starts to malfunction after some time.

Jonni

[FB]

go for the laser. i’ve had it for over a year and it’s great.

nubonamission

burn

+1

Oggy

I hated mine so much I gave it away. Deathadder gogo

SANDAH

I would go for the optical, because the laser one can react different on diffrent mousepads. I had a Microsoft Habu once that aslo is a laser mouse. When I did some quick moves the pointer just fliped out and I was aiming everywhere else where I wanted to aim.
I tested it on different mousepads as:
Qpad CT Large
Qpad EC-R, Razer
Mantis control
Razer pro pad.
And guess what? It didnt work on any of those mousepads as I wanted. So after that mouse im not that positiv to laser mouses.

I hope u understand my kinda poor english >_<. GO FOR OPTICAL!

+1

my mousepad is the SteelPad QcK

Mikey

Bought the Ikari Laser today, I fucking love it.

dvb

I have to make such a hard decision too. Razer Lachesis X SteelSeries Ikari Laser?

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i recommend trackball tbh

Add A Reply Pages: 1