Forum

Ebola reached phillipines and morroco. Is it happening?

Created 4th August 2014 @ 11:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

juju

TBA
Tissi

use condom and you will be safe.

4hp

I don’t know, for me the first and biggest message I got from this Ebola outbreak is that people really don’t give a shit about Africa. When those two American doctors got infected they brought them into the US, gave them an experimental treatment which miraculously worked, and it seems to be the first advance towards a legit treatment for this disease. Meanwhile 700 or so people died in Africa and it seems no one gives a shit until 1. Western people get infected 2. it gets out of Africa

it’s kinda sad

Setsul

MDRs are usually quite boring, annoying, but boring. Stuff like MRSA is mostly a problem in hospitals (post-op sepsis). MDR TB is an exception, that one’s quite interesting.

High lethality isn’t what a pathogen “wants”, it won’t gain anything by evolving to be more deadly. So outside of bioweapons a successful mutation in that direction is unlikely.

I’m more afraid of the stuff that hasn’t adapted to humans yet. Few infections, hard to treat (-> no money in developing a treatment), high lethality. Stuff like Ebola. The only thing preventing Ebola from fucking shit up is the transmission. With a ZEBOV-strain where indirect transmission isn’t out of question anymore we’re really close that.

CHERRY

Quoted from 4hp

I don’t know, for me the first and biggest message I got from this Ebola outbreak is that people really don’t give a shit about Africa. When those two American doctors got infected they brought them into the US, gave them an experimental treatment which miraculously worked, and it seems to be the first advance towards a legit treatment for this disease. Meanwhile 700 or so people died in Africa and it seems no one gives a shit until 1. Western people get infected 2. it gets out of Africa

it’s kinda sad

Are you suprised that America gives shit about it’s citizens though?

Goreston

Quoted from 4hp

it’s kinda sad

While the main thrust of your point is probably true enough, the thing with the serum was that it was untested. The two infected Americans were medically trained, and were thus able to give informed consent to having the serum tested on them. That’s the official line, anyway.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from 4hp

it’s kinda sad

I know I am going to be called a “conspiracist idiot” but MAYBE just MAYBE America was testing some nasty stuff on the africans which was the reason they don’t give a single shit?

Drugs are being tested on indians, why shouldn’t the bio-weapons be tested on the africans?

SHUT
DOWN
EVERYTHING

4hp

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Are you suprised that America gives shit about it’s citizens though?

No, I’m surprised at the entire world’s hypocrisy towards a region that they have been “trying to help” overcome massive problems of famine and disease for decades, with largely disappointing results. (I wonder why)

Quoted from Goreston

[…]
While the main thrust of your point is probably true enough, the thing with the serum was that it was untested. The two infected Americans were medically trained, and were thus able to give informed consent to having the serum tested on them. That’s the official line, anyway.

Yeah, I understand. I don’t think it would be unethical to have brought that serum to Liberia/Sierra Leone and test it on people who probably don’t stand a chance of surviving otherwise, though. Maybe now that they have two success cases they will be more inclined to do so, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Quoted from Max

[…]
I know I am going to be called a “conspiracist idiot” but MAYBE just MAYBE America was testing some nasty stuff on the africans which was the reason they don’t give a single shit?

Drugs are being tested on indians, why shouldn’t the bio-weapons be tested on the africans?

Yeah, who really knows at this point. I’m pretty sure America/Europe see Africa as a commodity. Lots of natural resources with easily manipulable governments and people that are too famished and diseased to revolt. African friends of mine have commented that sometimes it seems that colonization never ended, it just evolved.

Last edited by 4hp,

Menty

myx
Nein

Is it still happening?

Last edited by Menty,

jay

Synergy™

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

HAHAHA STEALING GDP!!!

BREAKING NEWS: GDP bandits strike again, stealing thousands of GDP.

Last edited by jay,

easyGame

TF2 is already dead. So there is nothing to worry about.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

youre all fucking idiots.

Spike Himself

TC

how is it that you are so up-to-date on other people’s sexual activities T0m??

torrit

Quoted from T0m

youre all fucking idiots.

british master race doesn’t give a fuck about viruses

muh nhs

Last edited by torrit,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Spike Himself

how is it that you are so up-to-date on other people’s sexual activities T0m??

ladders and night time are a good combination

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »