Forum

A must for comp maps?

Created 14th March 2009 @ 00:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

awesome-o

So i’m getting back into TF2 mapping.
But the question is, what do you guys think is a must/miss now at a TF2Map?
Because my goal, is to create a dustbowl style map that is balanced.
It can be done, but i’m asking everyone here for help, what do you think is a must/miss now in a comp tf2map?

SfynX

T2P

a mixture of opening to different sections to maps, not the normal through a door approach to all sections tho. also a distinct feature or area with many levels e.g. cp_gravelpits C point is very distinct which attracts people to play it but also iv the key point to the map.

hf

eoN^

Id say go for a 5cp map rather than a dustbowl like map, it can be fair but there isnt that much point as seen as people will still whine about it not being fair… Hense why all maps in that style are played with each team changing team in the middle.

5cp maps are alot more common aswell and you’d probably be able to get better ideas for it but i dunno if your fixed on making it dustbowl like the one thing id say is use a different theme NOT and I cant stretch is enough NOT something like aquatic or jungle forest or anything that doesnt fit with any of the default maps. Try to find a style from one of the stock maps and use it (roughly not just copy paste of course) (Lumberyard?)

Its just ive seen to many custom maps fail miserably due to their theme being space ships or some shite just stick to the game, make it look well done etc at the end with all the details but most of all make it different, find an idea and use it well :) but make big changes.

Good luck :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1