Forum

lf antivirus program

Created 27th December 2012 @ 00:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

deleted norton from my laptop, trying avast atm

recommend me the best antivirus program which is free instead of discussing the hopeless “future” of etf2l

Coco

[d¿s]

avast is good, been using it for years

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from Coco

avast is good, been using it for years

there’s like three types of avast antivirus programs, did you pay or pick the free one?

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

[…]

there’s like three types of avast antivirus programs, did you pay or pick the free one?

the free one is good, just type any random email you can think of, dont have to validate email address or anything like that, lasts for 1 year and then you just have to register again

alba

duplo

microsoft has a free antivirus, totally free, not like avast which is pay for more protection. it works good for me

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

What is wrong with MSFT Security Essentials?

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from Koeitje

Shotgun

Quoted from Koeitje

Le meme arrows

I’m not using any protection, same as in real life. That’s how Alpha males do it.

MARIANO

I’m using Comodo Internet Security (free antivirus and firewall)

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

Recommended by me :)

Koala

It’s pretty much like martial arts, everybody is going to tell you that their one is the best.
However, that’s not even close to truth.

Avast sucks, Microsoft Security Eseentials sucks (at least for now), so does AVG and many others. Avast never had anything special in it, including the signature db. Microsoft Security Essentials is just simply too new to be good, that reflects to both anti virus itself and sig db, though it has potential in future. AVG has a good sig db, but the anti virus itself is a pretty joke. You can probably teach a 13 year-old how to modify a virus to bypass it. If on 21st century an anti virus can be fooled by just a fucking “jump”, then.. well, it’s just not a good anti virus then :D But I’ve seen even bigger fails when AV is fooled by HEX reversed sig line letters.. That’s like when teenies manufacture an AV.
Every AV can be bypassed relatively easy, so if somebody actually does want to harm your computer, AV won’t be much of a problem, however, you can prevent the most common threats. But I wouldn’t suggest to just take an AV with somewhat good sig, because really a lot people just crypt their files/ask somebody else to do so, so I’d suggest an AV that could potentially detect weakly crypted files that aren’t registered on signature. For example Avira (has a very good emulator and heuristic scan, while ago they also added ProActiv) or Kaspersky (has a very good ProActive defence). Eset could maybe also be considered. Also, prioritize getting something with an internet protection as well, so you can most of the time not catch something at all rather than catch something and then watch your AV battling it for the throne. Also, you can get all AVs for free, just download the trial version and then find a key online, just don’t ever download like cracked AVs or so, ALWAYS download the official anti virus from developers’ website and then find a key online.

But as I mentioned, there is no AV that will completely save you from all threats, however you can prevent most of threats by having a somewhat decent AV. Also, people catch most of the viruses by either downloading files binded to a virus or from drive-by exploits, therefore be careful of what web pages you visit, be careful what you download and always update your software (to prevent drive-by exploits), mostly watch that your Flash player, PDF reader, browser, java, windows etc are updated, and if possible, then just turn them off when you don’t need them, because there will always be certain amount of 0day exploits which won’t be patched until they are leaked or discovered in some other unlikely way.

Last edited by Koala,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from Koala

It’s pretty much like martial arts, everybody is going to tell you that their one is the best.
However, that’s not even close to truth.

Avast sucks, Microsoft Security Eseentials sucks (at least for now), so does AVG and many others. Avast never had anything special in it, including the signature db. Microsoft Security Essentials is just simply too new to be good, that reflects to both anti virus itself and sig db, though it has potential in future. AVG has a good sig db, but the anti virus itself is a pretty joke. You can probably teach a 13 year-old how to modify a virus to bypass it. If on 21st century an anti virus can be fooled by just a fucking “jump”, then.. well, it’s just not a good anti virus then :D But I’ve seen even bigger fails when AV is fooled by HEX reversed sig line letters.. That’s like when teenies manufacture an AV.
Every AV can be bypassed relatively easy, so if somebody actually does want to harm your computer, AV won’t be much of a problem, however, you can prevent the most common threats. But I wouldn’t suggest to just take an AV with somewhat good sig, because really a lot people just crypt their files/ask somebody else to do so, so I’d suggest an AV that could potentially detect weakly crypted files that aren’t registered on signature. For example Avira (has a very good emulator and heuristic scan, while ago they also added ProActiv) or Kaspersky (has a very good ProActive defence). Eset could maybe also be considered. Also, prioritize getting something with an internet protection as well, so you can most of the time not catch something at all rather than catch something and then watch your AV battling it for the throne. Also, you can get all AVs for free, just download the trial version and then find a key online, just don’t ever download like cracked AVs or so, ALWAYS download the official anti virus from developers’ website and then find a key online.

But as I mentioned, there is no AV that will completely save you from all threats, however you can prevent most of threats by having a somewhat decent AV. Also, people catch most of the viruses by either downloading files binded to a virus or from drive-by exploits, therefore be careful of what web pages you visit, be careful what you download and always update your software (to prevent drive-by exploits), mostly watch that your Flash player, PDF reader, browser, java, windows etc are updated, and if possible, then just turn them off when you don’t need them, because there will always be certain amount of 0day exploits which won’t be patched until they are leaked or discovered in some other unlikely way.

jet li da best

exm

Quoted from Le meme arrows

I’m not using any protection, same as in real life. That’s how Alpha males do it.

5 years without any AV. Nothing stolen yet. No babies yet.

Koala

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

[…]

jet li da best

Ofc, ofc. Put him in his best age in cage against Junior Dos Santos or Cain Velasquez.

Quoted from exm

[…]
5 years without any AV. Nothing stolen yet. No babies yet.

If you know exactly what you are doing and how things are built and work, you don’t need an AV. If you don’t, then you can also live without an AV but keep in mind that your computer most likely has some shit in it. However, if you talk about viruses, then their targets mostly aren’t to harm your computer, not much people would benefit from it, more profitable is to create a botnet, which either steals important stuff like banking information, credit card numbers or/and a ddos botnet which can flood target machines or networks till they are unusable. If somebody has few GBs of logs with passwords he most likely won’t bother to steal some useless and shit accounts from google mail etc.
Though Steam account stealers used to be quite popular for a while, but some time ago Valve improved their Steam security a lot, reducing account steals by a lot. So these days you most likely won’t feel that you’re infected, that anti virus would eat way more resources than your few trojans.

But you can live without an AV if you know what you are downloading, don’t visit dangerous websites, update your stuff, don’t have very sensitive information stored on your computer.

Last edited by Koala,

fawwles

TSUN~

have you tried common sense?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »