Forum

Starcraft 2 people!

Created 22nd July 2012 @ 00:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

dodgydogman

Panda

Anyone who plays mostly of 1v1 and is above gold, or at least trying to get better, wanna do some peepmode or monobattles sometime? Looking to expand my friendslist. :)
Account is SirDodgy 484 dia level

Last edited by dodgydogman,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

inb4 silleh c|:-)

vani

Bully

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

add silleh 385 if you want to get raped by a gm zerg player

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

Thanks strawhat!

Skyride

DUCS

SC2 is such a boring game 1v1. :(

I got to diamond as protoss and just found I wasn’t enjoying it at all. Every game has to be like 120% tryhard or you just get owned. On top of that the fact the whole “terrible terrible damage” thing and it makes for a pretty crap game.

Check out this. I always thought that would be interesting to try out. The jist argument is that you can build too much stuff off a single base it doesn’t make sense to have more than 3 mining bases at the same time, and it would be a more interesting game if neither of those were true.

Last edited by Skyride,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

I got to diamond as protoss and just found I wasn’t enjoying it at all. Every game has to be like 120% tryhard or you just get owned. On top of that the fact the whole “terrible terrible damage” thing and it makes for a pretty crap game.

Check out this. I always thought that would be interesting to try out. The jist argument is that you can build too much stuff off a single base it doesn’t make sense to have more than 3 mining bases at the same time, and it would be a more interesting game if neither of those were true.

Wait, did you just call SC2 a crap game on a TF2 forum? xD

It’s a nice game but I do agree with you about it being way too tryhard, I mean unless you have some sort of sick talent at it you really need to play a quite a lot to even float at the same decent level. I can play about 3 or 4 games and feel so mentally exhausted that I can’t play for a while.

silleh

Quoted from

Silleh stole his friends masters account, thats the only reason he’s in a good league, he’s actually forever bronze :/

Masters Toss/Zerg hit me up if you wanna play my offrace.

Edit: Or the odd team game I don’t mind.

Last edited by silleh,

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Skyride

I can understand where all these starcraft 1 players are coming from. I assume when tf2 came out, everyone who played tfc thought it was a shit easy baby game that is terribad and nobody should play it. Starcraft 2 and brood war are very different games with different mechanics, as long as its fun and entertaining to watch, who really cares..

Also protoss is the easiest race, try a real race :)

FIR

SnG

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]
Also protoss is the easiest race, try a real race :)

I thought it was Terran? I get a lot of hate on the ladder because “Terran OP”

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from FIR

[…]

I thought it was Terran? I get a lot of hate on the ladder because “Terran OP”

That was in the beta, blizzard has seen to it that terran is UP :D
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=346652

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]
That was in the beta, blizzard has seen to it that terran is UP :D
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=346652

Nah, all races are pretty balanced at the moment. We saw in the past month or two Zerg had some pretty insane win percentages (probably thanks to stephano and his 3 hatch no gas build against protoss) but now it’s evened up a bit. No longer are Zergs dominating Protoss and Terran, but I still think we might see a slight balance patch with Queens in the next update.

I also laugh when people say Protoss is an easy race, I’ve played both Terran and Protoss and while I’m by no means a top player, Terran was piss easy to just get free wins constantly.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from rtan

… We saw in the past month or two Zerg had some pretty insane win percentages (probably thanks to Spanishiwa and his 3 hatch no gas build against protoss) but now it’s evened up a bit …

Fixed it for you.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Fixed it for you.

Sure, someone probably done the build before Stephano, but the guy made it his own by totally dominating every protoss in the top tournaments.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Fixed it for you.

hmm double post :D

Last edited by rtan,

FIR

SnG

hmm I dont know why people say terran is piss easy to get free wins. Well obviously I myself am no great player, but I find that playing Terran is much harder than playing toss. I’m not arguing about balance or anything, its just that if I ever do, on the rare days that I play protoss, things seem much simpler with all those observers and instant reinforcements and chronoboost. They’ve nerfed Terran to the point that I’ve lost interest in maining Terran, because the only viable and safe way to play Terran lately is to mech. Mech is basically “turtle until 2/1 then push with thor/tank deathball and leapfrog+steamroll”, not saying that every terran does this but majority do.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »