Forum

Mumble Latency/Timing out issues

Created 12th January 2009 @ 20:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Ducky^

hi i’ve been using mumble for ~3months and have been experiencing extremely high latencies (15000+) and delays of up to a minute intermittently – sometimes it works fine sometimes its awful, however recently (last week or so) it has been consistently awful, frequently cant connect to any servers and if i can the latency is ridiculously high – my provider is plus.net currently, was wondering if anyone could help me out with suggestions for sorting this out, or atleast getting it down to a playable level – or if anyone has experienced similar problems with the same provider. i wouldnt post this here but its the last place i can think of – had alot of trouble finding any support on the net due to the name of the program screwing all the sodding search engines, im no technical genius either :P thanks in advance

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

when experiencing the lag, open up a command prompt in windows (assuming you are a windows user), type tracert ip-to-mumble-server
for example:
tracert 1.1.1.1

and you should get a breakdown of the path your network packets are traveling to reach the server. If you see any unsually large value, copy paste the output and send to some tech-support at your isp.

This is at least a first step, I assume you are the only one experiencing the lag hence it is safe to assume that its not the servers fault. And as you did not mention any lag in tf2 or similar I guess it might be related to the path between you and the server.

Ducky^

thanks, yeah i forgot to mention ive had no lag in tf2 – pings to uk server ~15

bice

Sounds like a routing issue from your isp to the mumble provider but it’s hard to say without a trace to the mumble ip.

Fean0r

fcuk
9AM |

This might be way off the mark but a few years back some ISPs changed how they handled certain packets which caused lots of problems for people using Ventrilo. It may well be just a routing issue to your voice provider but worth looking into if your tracert is ok.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

You could try using the Mumble TCP option if your server allows to connect to it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1