Forum

Mumble - Fuck ventrilo

Created 18th December 2008 @ 23:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Bash

“okay; noob question: why is mumble better than vent?”

Far less latency and sound quality is out of this world. Some people experience some crashes (I’ve only ever crashed once in all of my time using, though).

seraph

rEJ

better than the GSM codec? o/

skinnie

TCM

never crashed with mumble

and yes less latency and better audio quality than with vent :)

Waebi

‹Con›

My name is waebi and I approve this message.

If you take 1.1.4, you dont crash, only the newest one (1.1.6) did for me all the time.

Norris

true, mumble used to crash alot with 1.16
also did the step back.

elpedro

We use mumble to…

Extremer

My mumble occasionally starts minimizing everything whenever someone talks. Even TF2. :(

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

The last 2 mumble servers I’ve been on sounded like ass. Seemed more like CELP5.1! Someone tell me optimal setup for mumble because no matter what I set it all to it all still sounds awful. Are the codec’s set client side or something?

mumble is superior
although I’m using 1.1.4 client as both newer releases (1.1.5 & 1.1.6) crash quite often for me o____O

veehell

-cavalier-

Ventrilo and TeamSpeak are having several licence restriction on the other hand Mumble not, that’s big advantage as well the codec handling/procesing, latence timing on soundcard (ASIO support ;) oh yeah!

Also some crashes of Mumble might be experienced, usually server vs client version (as they introduced several plugins/features). So far only one crash with latest client/server/

What is quite weird, when i use fraps with mumble together, one of the OSD screens is not visible.

Gaarulf

UP|

So, we got people who have trouble with crashes, should we degrade to 1.1.4?

The server is on a linux, to the one who asked.

Jowy

Mumble would have been much better if it didn’t crash during every other match. :<

Swarley

cool^m

Anyone suggest a good place to buy a Mumble server from?

veehell

-cavalier-

as the mumble is free soft, you can download server and host it by your own; also i seen several major gaming server providers to offer packages (match server + mumble)….

in CZ we usually ask you friendly clan supported @ http://www.clanwars.cz
—–
The crashes was experienced with:
1.1.4 client vs 1.1.5(1.1.6)server
1.1.5 client vs 1.1.4(1.1.6) server
1.1.6 client vs 1.1.4 (1.1.5) server…
… there was another thread on this forum where some users report such a crashes…

this quite leads to conclusion, to keep serve/client on same version, there are a lot of people using SVN builds, due some additional late night fixes. But you know Stable is Stable…

Anyway here is the BugTracker for Mumble : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=768005&group_id=147372&func=browse
——
Ad_linux: try to look at the installation of QT libraries…especially when using 64-bit platfomr :)

Azured

eureka

Mumble is -Dead.Face- endorsed :D

Though I do tend to get a lot of crashes :/. Worst I’ve ever had were 3 crashes during 1 match, but sometimes it can go for weeks without a crash.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »