Forum

Need a movie maker

Created 23rd September 2009 @ 15:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Pedman

sextant

pay me

If you get paid to make a movie you’ll have to use un-copywrighted music, so good luck with that xD

Yea the year is 2009 and There NO other way to pay people.

Hofven:
Try make your own movie, try to learn the basics and even if your first movie is shit you will learn mush stuff on the way and its pretty damn funny to make your own video :)

Last edited by Pedman,

Jh

Hey dats!

pay me

If you get paid to make a movie you’ll have to use un-copywrighted music, so good luck with that xD

lol.
LOL.
lol.

Skyride

DUCS

pay me

lol.
LOL.
lol.

Klu, are you implying that the music used was legally obtained in the first place?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

pay me

lol.
LOL.
lol.

Klu, are you implying that the music used was legally obtained in the first place?

haha no, but you can only use copyrighted music if you don’t intend to make a profit from whatever you use it for or you gotta pay the artist loyalties.

rge

Correct would be:

… you’ll have to use un-copywrighted music …

It doesn’t matter if you get paid or not. It is illegal (in most countries) to use any kind of stuff (Music) with a copyright and without permission of the owner / creator. Except you do not show the movie in public (which is the same as uploading to a video portal or post a public download link). So every Movie in here is illegal, the fact noone cares doesn’t change that.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Correct would be:

… you’ll have to use un-copywrighted music …

It doesn’t matter if you get paid or not. It is illegal (in most countries) to use any kind of stuff (Music) with a copyright and without permission of the owner / creator. Except you do not show the movie in public (which is the same as uploading to a video portal or post a public download link). So every Movie in here is illegal, the fact noone cares doesn’t change that.

You sure about that? AFAIK you can use whatever as long as its not for profit and you credit the artist.

Skyride

DUCS

You sure about that? AFAIK you can use whatever as long as its not for profit and you credit the artist.

No offence to either of you, but theres a very good abbreviation from another website I think you should both be using.

IANAL: I Am Not A Lawyer.

:)

Your both right, but your arguments are both valid. You could easily argue that you are charging not for the product itself, but merely the work of editing the movie (which would be quite easy since you didn’t produce the source material);
however, IANAL

Last edited by Skyride,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

You could easily argue that you are charging not for the product itself, but merely the work of editing the movie (which would be quite easy since you didn’t produce the source material);
however, IANAL

Dunno how well that’d work though :P

Jh

Hey dats!

im a law student, tell me something new.

I know for a fact that most MGOs and private persons dont give a fuck if their hired movie maker uses copyrighted music. Why? It’s a tiny drop of water in an ocean full of copyright infringements.

The most famous frag vid editor, DchozN, signed a contract with the CGS where he agreed to use music from those free use libraries. That’s because the vids he produced had huge exposure in TV and the intrawebz. It was a big scale operation.

The same guy also did the Week in Review vids for Team 3D for like 7 years and his early work had copyrighted music. No one cared.

edit

Last edited by Jh,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I know for a fact that most MGOs and private persons dont give a fuck if their hired movie maker uses copyrighted music. Why? It’s a tiny drop of water in an ocean full of copyright infringements.

That I’d believe alright

rge

So in conclusion: It is not legal but … Ubi non accusator, ibi non iudex!

so keep going! :>

Hofven

pay me

Yea the year is 2009 and There NO other way to pay people.

Hofven:
Try make your own movie, try to learn the basics and even if your first movie is shit you will learn mush stuff on the way and its pretty damn funny to make your own video :)

well i can edit movies but i dont got the time for it so that’s the problem :]

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2