Forum

team fortress classic old match :)

Created 21st October 2012 @ 07:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

vani

Bully

Quoted from Setlet

If you are leading, why not just use 8 defenders?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I got confused when i played this on a pub when i was about 13 years old, got shouted at for shooting people in the middle of the map, and also being a Heavy and leaving defence, it seems it was an un written rule never to do either of those things!

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Le meme arrows

[…]Dear Andee. Since I know you from Multiplay’s DM store and I kinda like you I won’t flame you. But you’re way off.
It was pretty much medics conc jumping everywhere. And few soldiers here and there, since other classes were pretty much useless (lol demo and pyro)

Yeah I think my memory fails me there, allthough scouts had an extra conc jump. It’s been too long :)

Last edited by Andee,

alcatraz

lol epsylon

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Summary of TFC:

CTF: 8vs8, 4 attackers, 4 defenders (Occasionally 3 attackers, 5 defenders, but map dependent).

Attackers do not shoot attackers. It’s a gentleman’s agreement, because it doesn’t benefit either team entering a base against 4 defenders when you’re half health.

Attacking classes consist of either 4 scouts, 3 medics + 1 scout, or VERY occasionally, an offensive demoman to assist killing a sentry. The medics are the DM classes, a lot like scouts in TF2. Scouts are purely flag runners, and rarely even fire a shot.

Defending classes can vary a bit more. Usually 3 soldiers, 1 engineer, though sometimes you might run a demoman to hold a flag, or heavy is used on some maps.

A lot of popular maps have a two stage cap system. Take down some lasers guarding the flag, then get the flag out. Once the lasers are down, it’s common to try and throw the flag out of the lasers, as the lasers stay open for only 30 seconds, but the flag returns after 60 seconds of it being untouched. Lasers aren’t usually heavily defended, as it’s too easy to just jump in and push the button.

Conc jumping and bunnyhopping are key skills. Conc jumps allow for speed on offence, bunny hopping is capped at 1.6x (I think) the max running speed. It used to be uncapped, but Valve nerfed it. It’s still worth doing though.

Comms usually consist of five things. 1) Flag location, 2) “SG down”, 3) “Incoming from….”, 4) “Flag outgoing ” 5) ” is down.

Game is very very spammy, as defenders often get Grenade packs at their primary spawns, and attacking medics get 2 / 4 grenades.

Was bored… Thought I’d be informative :)
Best game ever.
Check out Fortress Forever.

Rojer_Ramjet

TFC FTW !
Join #tfc.pickup the game is still alive ! :)

daylight

I have edited my first post and added new contents

[Friendly] France vs Scotland (2kfort4) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1ajobCgxA
[ECTFC7] France vs Spain (openfire_lowgrens) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-2ZSrZFRs

enjoy :) tell me if u want more, I have found a match where Byte is in the ennemy team :p and some others cool things! :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3