Forum

Sick Shot

Created 23rd January 2011 @ 00:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Quoted from Steve

watch fullscreen 720p (on yt)

you’ll see 3pixels of a blu head (i think spy) showing

still impossible to be seen from that distance

Holy shit, there actually is something there! Looks like it’s the top of a Sniper hat to me.

That’s… an interesting shot.

ash

(Legend)
:D

If you see it in the video you can’t see it ingame i take it?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

It’s called lag compensation and is not reproduced in demo. Guy might have seen more of his head at that moment.

Special_K

I believe it is the enemy sniper’s scope, who just gave his position away by shooting the medic. [confirm/deny]

dbz beast

Stimpy

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

I’ve watched that like 5 times and I still can’t see the enemy…

I seen on TV that spec savers are doing offers… 2:1 or something.

Plus u know hitboxes are not accurate 100% right.. all who commented on 2:26.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4RXsDj8bkY

Steve

Quoted from Stimpy

hosting your own local server with hitboxes on etc is not the same as actual online server with ms ‘lag’ etc

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Steve

watch fullscreen 720p (on yt)

you’ll see 3pixels of a blu head (i think spy) showing

still impossible to be seen from that distance

Yep, you’re right, you can see it quite clearly in 720p, thanks

konr

Yeah you can see a spec of what might be a hat but you can’t possibly aim there legit and hit the hat. Even if it was lag compensation the guy would have been at the same level and all he would have seen was the very top of the hat, because there was something in the way. I still reckon that’s bullshit and that he hacks. That or he got massively lucky.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from freshmeatt

It’s called lag compensation and is not reproduced in demo. Guy might have seen more of his head at that moment.

lol, that’s not how lagcomp works

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from dougiie

2.26 = mind blown

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Stimpy

[…]

*sigh*

regardless I think it was a good film don’t think he’s hacking though he seemed to have good awareness. 2:26 as mentioned in the comments on youtube was a prediction he knew people were there moving in to mid.

Last edited by Si^,

Jeru

PStM

Quoted from Stimpy

[…]

Yeah that doesn’t actually happen in game, the hitboxes are lag compensated, it just doesn’t display them as such.

As far as I know the hitboxes are still displaying the wrong strafing animation though, and valve disabled the ability to display them after so many people complained that they were broken and they possibly presumed people were complaining about the lag delay.

I have no idea, but either way if you go into walkway and headshot classes which have particularly peculiar strafing movement then you will get some fecking weird headshots, generally you can headshot Soldiers in the shoulder and if you try to headshot a sniper from the side that it running forwards his head hitbox is actually about a foot behind his head most of the time.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

1. POV demos show exactly what the player in who’s recording is seeing (I’m not sure, but looking at -AA-‘s fragvid this may not always have been this way).

2. tr_walkway has a bug where the hitboxes do NOT match the bots. In fact, the hitboxes are actually the bots standing still, which will lead to ‘off’ headshots because they appear visually moving. This is a bug due to how the map makes the bots move. This is also explained in the map’s readme. It even has a button to spawn bots for ‘headshot’ training which attempts to alleviate this problem by spawning only classes which don’t suffer as much from this problem.

3. The shot at 2:26 definitely looks triggerbot-y.

Common triggerbot mistakes:

Overshooting: Since you don’t know when exactly the shot will hit you’ll often move your mouse way further (and get a headshot in the middle of your twitch) than necessary. Note that this is a fairly weak accusation for trbots. Very noticable in how he shoots the sniper. There’s also some slight overshoot on the soldier.

Fail twitching: Since a triggerbot shoots for you, you may twitch at someone but fail to move your crosshair over the enemy’s head resulting in the trbot not shooting at all. Very noticable in how he shoots the demoman.

Is he cheating? There is definitely reason to be suspicious but I’d have to see his POV demo from that match to make a proper informed decision.

Where do I apply for AC admin :p

Last edited by Casual,

tasKu

e-famous

Quoted from Casual

1. POV demos show exactly what the player in who’s recording is seeing (I’m not sure, but looking at -AA-‘s fragvid this may not always have been this way).

2. tr_walkway has a bug where the hitboxes do NOT match the bots. In fact, the hitboxes are actually the bots standing still, which will lead to ‘off’ headshots because they appear visually moving. This is a bug due to how the map makes the bots move. This is also explained in the map’s readme. It even has a button to spawn bots for ‘headshot’ training which attempts to alleviate this problem by spawning only classes which don’t suffer as much from this problem.

3. The shot at 2:26 definitely looks triggerbot-y.

Common triggerbot mistakes:

Overshooting: Since you don’t know when exactly the shot will hit you’ll often move your mouse way further (and get a headshot in the middle of your twitch) than necessary. Note that this is a fairly weak accusation for trbots. Very noticable in how he shoots the sniper. There’s also some slight overshoot on the soldier.

Fail twitching: Since a triggerbot shoots for you, you may twitch at someone but fail to move your crosshair over the enemy’s head resulting in the trbot not shooting at all. Very noticable in how he shoots the demoman.

Is he cheating? There is definitely reason to be suspicious but I’d have to see his POV demo from that match to make a proper informed decision.

Where do I apply for AC admin :p

Cool story, except theys are mostly americans. I dont think they give a fuck if they get banned on some Euro scene place.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »