I hate STVs, specially if it’s of a scout. The aiming just looks so stupid

stark, you goddamn cunt, its been 3 and smthing days already
IM RUNNING OUT OF KITTENS

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Why are you doing another bind? Just do host_timescale 0.0001 and press F12. Alternatively try the slider on demoui2.

Mh, the pldx config itself executes the “host_timescale 1” command in almost every alias that handles recording, so it overwrite my command when it begins to export. I would have to replace it in the pldx.cfg. Perhaps this will work, I will try it out.

Thanks so far. Don’t hesitate to continue the pov/stv war.

Last edited by nTraum,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from reactioN

you know nothing lol

It is not possible to smooth STV demos in the Orange Box version of the Source engine.

Maybe before hating on Adam you should learn what you’re talking about?

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

edit: Who am I trying to fool, Chris will always be here before anyone else.

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

you know nothing lol

Seriously?

watch some famous fragmovies (not tf2)

Exactly, you can’t smooth STV-demos in TF2.

Last edited by morf,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from morf

edit: Who am I trying to fool, Chris will always be here before anyone else.

got you covered morf :D

reactioN

lol’d

with “watch some fragmovies (not tf2)” i meant, that no tf2 moviemaker has used source TV smoothes yet.

its not about using the smooth function in the sourcetv demo, thats not even working in css

its about using a spectator script that lets you make impressive camera angles using the spectator function of source TV.

this takes alot of training and skills to get very good smoothes but at the end they are waay better then pov smoothes

ive already made some testsmoothes with it, works perfect in tf2

no offence but you will never get so good smoothes with source tv as with pov demo (deathcams etc.)

Last edited by reactioN,

torden

broder
syster

I’ve done experiments with this before, and not been able to remove the twitchy models in POV demoes.

Considering the fact that POV demoes of people with poor connections (chokes/losses etc) have more twitchy models than those with good, I came to the conclusion that unfortunately POV demoes record everything, including connection.

If you have a free selection of demoes, your best bet is to use STV and free motion on the fly, or find POV demoes with minimal losses/chokes.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from reactioN

its about using a spectator script that lets you make impressive camera angles using the spectator function of source TV.

Then that’s not smoothing, so don’t call it that.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Mineral actually used the freelook of spectator mode in genesis’ third fragvid :::::::::D

reactioN

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Then that’s not smoothing, so don’t call it that.

well actually its smoothing without using the smoothing function, most people call it just src tv smooth

but doesnt matter anyway :)

Last edited by reactioN,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It is not possible to smooth STV demos in the Orange Box version of the Source engine.

Maybe before hating on Adam you should learn what you’re talking about?

Okay Chris I really appreciate your help but sometimes you are way to childish.

I ask you is there any reason why you have to show proof of your unlimited and barbarous knowledge in every single sentence and all the time!?

Do I blame you for calling the whiskey an acohol? Even though I know it better as its a solution of water and ethan-1-ol. Really, learn to decide when its better to shut up and when its not. Its annoying.

99 % of the humans call a whiskey an aclohol, aswell as 99 % call it smoothing in pov and in stv demos for obvious reasons. Grow up.

tl;dr:don’t be a smart-alec cock when its absolutly unappropriate and unnecessary. thanks.

Last edited by nTraum,

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

Why are u trying to replace the host_timescale in the config? It is set to host_timescale 0.0001 when recording, so it should be fine. Furthermore don’t start editing the config if you don’t know what you are doing.

Don’t call it smoothing if it isn’t smoothing… http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Recording_Tools#Demo_smoother
It will just cause confusion.

Last edited by Salmon,

Gaile

fap

Quoted from reactioN

[…]

you know nothing lol

watch some famous fragmovies (not tf2, maybe DoD:S or css) its mostly source tv smoothes

maybe its because the css moviemaking scene is more experienced in moviemaking

+1

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

Okay Chris I really appreciate your help but sometimes you are way to childish.

I ask you is there any reason why you have to show proof of your unlimited and barbarous knowledge in every single sentence and all the time!?

Do I blame you for calling the whiskey an acohol? Even though I know it better as its a solution of water and ethan-1-ol. Really, learn to decide when its better to shut up and when its not. Its annoying.

99 % of the humans call a whiskey an aclohol, aswell as 99 % call it smoothing in pov and in stv demos for obvious reasons. Grow up.

tl;dr:don’t be a smart-alec cock when its absolutly unappropriate and unnecessary. thanks.

lol?

i’m a smart alec for telling him he’s wrong and for telling him to stop thinking he’s better than adam when adam is actually right? nice work dickbutt.

if anyone called this shit ‘smoothing’ you would have thought that out of me, morf, and skyride someone would have heard of it, the reason we haven’t is because nobody calls it that.

answering a question is now showing “proof of [my] unlimited and barbarous knowledge in every single sentence and all the time”? Could you be any more of a complete idiot?

lolololol being told to grow up by an utter spanner — the reason people call whiskey alcohol is because whiskey IS alcoholic you utter numpty

your analogy is like saying “99% of people call trains cars so GROW UP!” — they both get you from a to b but they are not the fucking same

get good

Last edited by octochris,

Skyride

DUCS

Its called using freecam, its not smoothing, and if you look at this you’ll see I have actually used it before (0:30-ish).

Theres nothing with being wrong, but just accept it when you are, rather than drooping down to personal insults.

Sit down, shut up and and fuck off.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »