Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 109 Next »

byte

Has anyone actually played rc2 version in a pcw or official?

If so can you let me know about the additional routes/changed routes on the map. As the majority’s response was that they liked the changes.

But i’d like to hear from those who played it in a pcw’s or officials as well.

Cheers

Byte

Sketch

MM

think we played 2 pcw on it. from a defending point of view right side with the stairs is a much more dangerous point. teams seemed to use the right a lot more than before.

and the new entrance was a nice spot for scouts to hide attacking or defending

new shed is awesome!!!!! that whole garage up to new shed section works nice giving attacking and defending scouts a nice balance. also gives a scout more flexibility if he’s on top of crate.

mabe backcapping or flanking scouts have a bit too much cover coming out of the tunnels on mid?

medfoo

trick17

anyone else having huge fps laggs?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Just uploaded it onto my NY server, hopefully get a proper high-end scrim going sometime in the coming days – if any mid+/high euro team is interested we could maybe arrange something, but it would be around midnight your time.

Shadow Monkey!

pC*

http://macfadyen.org/obscure/

Needs to get updated…current version is rc2, right? (:

And could we get a clean version, without text of your “Radiation King 3000” on the website?

byte

A clean version of what m8?

I’ll be speaking to Absolute this weekend so the portfolio should be updated soon.

Cheers

Byte

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Shadow Monkey!

And could we get a clean version, without text of your “Radiation King 3000” on the website?

It’s just the download page, chill out… :|

Jackium

<3 Fruit

no obscure at all option missing from the poll

byte

Why would that option be there when the majority like it ?

Less vodka talk please Jackium : >

Cheers

Byte

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from byte

Why would that option be there when the majority like it ?

The point of a vote is to find a majority or a consensus, if that is true there is no harm in having it as an option.

If the majority like obscure, why not allow them to vote for it?

byte

Because there is no option to take it out, it’s staying in the ETF2L map pool regardless (for now). If the poll was “Would you like to keep this map in” then you have a valid point. However it’s not, it’s about 2 different versions of the map.

Should read the news comment on what Kop said, should enlighten you :)

Cheers

Byte

Jackium

<3 Fruit

Guess I’m lonely rider here but my opinion is that there should be no maps in official games that are still under development, no matter is it made by admin or just for competive gaming.

wai

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Jackium

Guess I’m lonely rider here but my opinion is that there should be no maps in official games that are still under development, no matter is it made by admin or just for competive gaming.

i aggree to a level, but tbh the state that obscure is in atm, its still alot better than some maps that are in the pool atm, and in some cases even less bugier xD

kaidus

WiK?

Having a map that’s in development in the map pool is fine, but I really have a problem with making us play altered versions as the season progresses. Should be opt in to play rc2 and beyond, but rc1 othewise.

byte

You won’t be playing an altered version yet, the poll is in there due to my mistake NOT etf2l’s i apologized for changing some fundamentals to the map, however i really did think it needed it.

You haven’t played it in the league yet Kaidus and the poll is about to end, so the admins will now make an informed decision as to what map version should be used.

I can understand Jackiums post about not wanting to put developing maps, if i didn’t do the mistake of changing fundamentals so late in the versions it would of been fine, but because i did and it was going to be used in the league/cups etc its my fault really not ETF2L’s :).

As usually rc versions means its almost done just needs tweaking i.e. various clippings fps tweaks n all that. A decision wil be made v shortly about which map version to use.

Also i’d like to ask i’ve only had about 5-10 ppl complain about fps can anyone else out of the 600odd players or more tell me if you get fps lag or? If so which area (be specific, i.e where ur standing or looking and how many players infront of you and so on).

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 109 Next »