Forum

Mix Night?

Created 19th March 2010 @ 01:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Dny

Skyride for admin/president/ruler of the earth.

only a matter of time…:D

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

+2

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

This is cool

bam wizzle

+1

I’d definitely sign up if it’s on a night I won’t have to work. :D

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from Dny

Skyride for admin/president/ruler of the earth.

Just think when he gets his driving license, my god we’re all doo.. I mean err good idea Skyride I’ll definatly be up for it :)

WildCard

Rearly dont see the point, everything described is basically a #mpuktf2.pickup, you could argue that in there you would get some piss poor players (no offence skyride :D) but so would you with this I imagine.

Get everyone to add to a pickup, rarther pesimistic of me i suppose but still, seems silly trying to create somthing when there is already a system in place for it, isnt like everyone on these forums doesnt you IRC.

freakz

[8U]

sounds awesome

alfa

Would be a very good idea +1 man!

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I like the idea but a little worried a team may consist of 3 div 2-4 players and 3 div 6 and then we get ensuing rage at n00bs!

It’d be cool to play higher mixes but I would worry that I’d fail too much, cause us to lose and get shouted at by lots of angry Europeans! Fun times!

I try to play medic btw.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Monkeh

I like the idea but a little worried a team may consist of 3 div 2-4 players and 3 div 6 and then we get ensuing rage at n00bs!

It’d be cool to play higher mixes but I would worry that I’d fail too much, cause us to lose and get shouted at by lots of angry Europeans! Fun times!

I try to play medic btw.

Thats not the point though, My guess is it would end up with a lot of people off-class, thus making it feel less serious and just for fun. Sure it will happen, but if a div1/2 player doesn’t want to play with “n00b div6 shitters” then they are perfectly welcome to not sign up.

You want to have people talking, I don’t mean comms, I mean just off-topic banter on mumble.

Wildcard, I get what you mean and I did think of that, but the reason this would be different from pu1 is pretty simple:

1) If you’ve asked someone to add, you probably already know them anyway
2) Pickup1 is played by mainly the same clanless people all the time, so they take it seriously as they don’t have the “pickup is srs bizniss” perspective most players have.
3) Its there to play 24/7. The whole point of this is that you are meeting and chatting to people you’ve never spoke to.

Theres a lot to be said for chatting to people on mumble/vent/ts compared to just forums or IRC. They become a person rather than a nickname and its a lot more personal and friendly. When you read something on IRC, its filtered through you’re mood. So for example if you were kinda pissed off at work, then read a joke by someone on a forum, you may take insult at it. Whereas an hour later when you were feeling better you would have laughed.

Anyway, I’m no psychologist, but I think you can all agree with that if you take a minute to think about it.

Last edited by Skyride,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

Anyway, just putting the idea out there, all comments welcome, just think a lot of people forget this game is about having fun and this would be a great way to remind them. :)

Heavens forbid should people find different things fun! Some people just don’t like pickups (which essentially this is) and if they find taking tf2 more seriously as their way of having fun then more power to them.

Couple of problems with this, firstly language barrier. Not everyone speaks fluent english or even wants to comm in english and I don’t think you’ll be having much fun if you’re in a team with 5 germans that decide that they’re going to comm/chat in german and you don’t understand a single word of it.

Then there’s the issue of who wants to play medic. The whole reason why why pickups are so slow to start is because out of 30 people wanting to play, only 1 of them is willing to bite the bullet and med up. You might get drawn with a bunch of people, perhaps like yourself, that refuse to play medic and the arguments that ensue from that don’t strike me as fun. You can’t really assign people random classes either though, since lots of people might not find playing some classes fun and there’s certainly only a certain level of bad play that people will tolerate.

Last edited by Vali,

Monkeh

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

“n00b div6 shitters”

I believe the term you’re looking for is, in fact, ‘Shitnerds’.
Shitnerds FTW!

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

I like this idea though.

Let everyone who wants to play this for fun sign up, doesn’t matter what class you’ll need to play. The focus lies on fun and meeting some other tf2 players, not on winning.

in other words, ragers, don’t bother.

myNax

Love it tbh. I’m in :>

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »