Forum

Mix Night?

Created 19th March 2010 @ 01:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey, Just had this idea here, obviously this is a very quick explanation and a lot of details would need to be worked out but its not that complicated really.

What about some sort of mix night? As in, an event run by etf2l. The idea would be bassically that players would sign up to this themselves, and would then be entered into the draw system and randomly slotted into a team with no particular class. These six people would then be given an opponent team of people to play, a channel on a mumble server (i’d certainly be able to provide that, sure i’m not the only one either) to join, and a server to play said match on. Then no results recorded or anything, just the whole process is run again and this could allow 2 or 3 games in one night.

The difference between this and something like the ESH cup’s is that it is in no-way competitive, its just a bit of fun to get to know people and nothing more.

Obviously this would be technically difficult to do, but probably 95% of that work could be done automatically by computers in a similar manner to pickups.

Anyway, just putting the idea out there, all comments welcome, just think a lot of people forget this game is about having fun and this would be a great way to remind them. :)

Last edited by Skyride,

lolage

TSPAG

I’d sign up, sounds fun. :D

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

+1

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Snyyppis

RLM

Could sign up for that, yeah.

RaCio

GoT²

I like it :)

A pickup system were you can sign up for a set time is something I have been thinking about and it would be pretty awesome I think.

You are right that it would be hard to technically realise such a thing. So if there is a gifted coder(php) who is willing to create something like this then he would be very welcome :P

Last edited by RaCio,

Skyride

DUCS

I didn’t mean so much an IRC based system, more register it as an event on the actual site and do it say.. once a month? Just keep it be an “event” rather than an IRC thing that can be used at any time. Would keep it popular and fresh rather than a core number of regulars.

Given enough time, I’m sure I could code it myself, but i’m just far too busy with my own projects and RL atm.

Last edited by Skyride,

+1 make it happen!

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Cool idea. Maybe you can use something like the tf2lobby system to organise it :)

Swarlz

+1

Chaos

BAT

PuGs on a massive scale! I’m in!

Could even go 1 step further and have the drawn teams play a ONW :D

Dny

T2P

Skyride for admin/president/ruler of the earth.

octochris

(0v0)

make this shiznit happen :)

vlm

+1 really nice idea!

rtan

-9w-

Nice idea, +1

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »