Forum

cp_obscure cup Feedback: Servers

Created 3rd December 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

This event was the first one to feature all our new n1ping servers.
I am interested in hearing feedback from the participants how it went.

– How was the server performance for you? Any ping issues, hickups or anything like that?

– Were there any other server issues? (Besides one of them having a team scramble plugin enabled, sorry about that.)

– Did the distributing of the servers towards the teams go smoothly?

– In general: Did you like us providing our servers for certain events, or would you rather find your own server next time?

Also, feel free to add anything else you want to mention. I’d appreciate it.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Servers pinged pretty well, although we only got to play on the Amsterdam and Roubaix servers. They were decent to play on, and our games were good fun.

There were a few issues with teams being impatient at the start of the cup and some having to wait 15-20mins for their server details, which had a knock-on effect in delaying the latter match rounds.

The system works well for having ‘neutral’ servers, although it wouldn’t always give a level playing field to all teams.

.____________.

Had major ping issues with two of the servers. One with a constant 170 ping, another with a decent ping that suddenly spiked to 150 after about 15 minutes of play. Might just be my connection being weird, no clue.

Next time you should all really consider having more than one admin dealing with the cup. Poor byte getting spammed down by a shitload of people wanting server ips can’t possibly be the most efficient way of dealing with it. Each team should have signed up one member to receive the server info, not just “whoever spams byte first gets it”. And the servers should really be decided way before the match is about to start? Have it planned, spam it to that one person in the team signed up 10 minutes before the match and there would be a hell of alot less complications than the “spam byte for server info” idea.

The waiting was a bit.. pointless. Shouldn’t there be some sort of rules concerning the amount of time the teams have to finish the rounds? Fair enough if a match goes into overtime, but a team simply not being ready after 40 minutes of waiting is a bit silly. The second round didn’t start til about 21:20 CET or something, which caused for a lot of waiting and time wasted. Yes, some teams got their server info at 20:15 CET, but that still doesn’t give reason for 30-50 minutes of waiting for the match to start as the games in first round didnt last much longer than 10 minutes in most cases. Still think the 15 minute past playtime rule should stand (unsure if it did, but wasn’t put to use atleast)

Overall a really nice cup, enjoyed it. More please.

edit: Oh and the servers got really laggy/choppy after a few matches had been played as they never got restarted. A restart at some point in the middle of the cup would be appretiated.

Last edited by .____________.,

I didn’t play in the cup but I can’t play at all on Amsterdan n1ping servers. Constant 200ms, yay slideshow :/ So it wouldn’t have worked for me :p

xtala

In the 15 minutes that we played (damn you vertex!) everything seemed fine.
Even for our always highpinging Serbian scout.

SfynX

T2P

This event was the first one to feature all our new n1ping servers.
I am interested in hearing feedback from the participants how it went.

– How was the server performance for you? Any ping issues, hickups or anything like that?

Performance was very very good in my POV, had absolutely no problems with the servers/map

– Were there any other server issues? (Besides one of them having a team scramble plugin enabled, sorry about that.)

illii our medic had some lag issues every now and then.

– Did the distributing of the servers towards the teams go smoothly?

yes, very smoothly. nothing else to say rly

– In general: Did you like us providing our servers for certain events, or would you rather find your own server next time?

I think it is best considering if its a major event like the 10th cup or something then it gives everyone a chance to view it on an official league server.

Keep up the good work and provide us with more tf2 goodness. P.S. Byte do something about the rock at 2nd point of obscure, its annoying and out of place.

reCon

Nixnuz from our team got on the German srvs 320+ms.. And at the start they lagged a bit ( first round ). At all: Servers were ok!

Last edited by reCon,

kurt

trick17
trick17

—– How was the server performance for you? Any ping issues, hickups or anything like that?

Server was good for our team (germans and austrians)

—– Were there any other server issues? (Besides one of them having a team scramble plugin enabled, sorry about that.)

—– Did the distributing of the servers towards the teams go smoothly?

Since we only played a single match my assessment isnt probably very balanced but it went quite good. We had to wait a few minutes but that happens. I could imagine that it must have been difficult to get hold of all team leaders in huge crowd in #etf2l so i suggest to open a new irc channel for such tournaments. I think it would be good to assign 2 or even more admins to a tournament so that one admin handles the upper half of the bracket and the other one lower half

—– In general: Did you like us providing our servers for certain events, or would you rather find your own server next time?

I think it was a good idea so there wasnt any confusion about the map etc.

—– Maybe one could change the tournament mode to double elimination so that every team can atleast play twice. But thats just the view of team that lost its first match. Furthermore i would suggest to introduce rules about giving default wins if one of the teams isnt ready within -lets say 15- minutes after a match is scheduled.

kaidus

WiK?

Servers were generally good. One scandi was lagging around on some of them, and I received really poor fps on one or two of them.

Should be more of these cups to be honest. All it needed was a bit more consistancy on the servers part, and an admin or two extra to hold off delays in the early rounds where there are a lot of teams.

Last edited by kaidus,

ambra

my ping in netgraph was pretty high but still below 100

Gubbins

Op4

Server showed about 50 ping but acted like 100 in lag sized chunks. Not bad, however being teamscrambled… Just wow =P

Vladi

TIDS

good cup, i had a nice evenig. i had no problems with the server at all, maybe next time the server-ip and hltv-ip could be announced on the match page additionally to the announcement in the irc-chan.

looking forward to similar events.

ps: double-elimination would indeed be nice, i like the system with a loser bracket.

Last edited by Vladi,

n3ga

Hi all

for any routings problem, please open the command line and write tracert 79.141.173.11 or tracert 193.228.144.50
After you have to send them to [email protected] or open a ticket:

http://www.n1ping.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

Thank you :)

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

good cup, i had a nice evenig. i had no problems with the server at all, maybe next time the server-ip and hltv-ip could be announced on the match page additionally to the announcement in the irc-chan.

This was the initial plan, didn’t happen though :(

P.S.: Saying which server is bad for you, and maybe what ISP you are having might help. :)

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Add A Reply Pages: 1