Forum

Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 Next »

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

How about counting league matches as ladder too?

+1

(and the better teams are at the top)

How will this happen? If low+ teams keep playing low+, mid+ teams mid+ teams and mid teams mid teams. You are practically forced to play some low div teams to get some easy points in. Don’t get me wrong, I like the ladder, but I doubt the best teams will be on top.

The current standings already show this: hb0da and us are not even in the top3 even though we clearly beaten a much better team.

It will sort it out after period of time and games played. its always like this when ladder starts. After all, people are playing there for points ;)

Adiemus

Guild Wars also uses ELO system in their ladder. K value is always the same for regular scrims for all the teams, I think it was 15. However, K value is bigger (something like 40 or 50) for monthly tournament matches which are much more important than regular scrims.

http://www.guildwars.com/competitive/ladder/

In ETF2L ladder, maybe league matches can also be considered as ladder challanges with bigger K values. In any other case, K value should be constant for every match for the sake of stability.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

How about counting league matches as ladder too?

+1

How will this happen? If low+ teams keep playing low+, mid+ teams mid+ teams and mid teams mid teams. You are practically forced to play some low div teams to get some easy points in. Don’t get me wrong, I like the ladder, but I doubt the best teams will be on top.

The current standings already show this: hb0da and us are not even in the top3 even though we clearly beaten a much better team.

It will sort it out after period of time and games played. its always like this when ladder starts. After all, people are playing there for points ;)

I cba to roll some div5/6 team for points, and I know many teams feel the same way. And those teams could just refuse a challenge.

I doubt IDK? is gonna play black apple or whatever they were called.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I doubt IDK? is gonna play black apple or whatever they were called.

If they did, it would be a pretty short and pointless game. No offence to Black Apple :)

_Ben

;?

I don’t think the point of the ladder is to seperate high skilled teams from low skilled teams as it’s done in the league.

Ladder should be seen as entirely different, and obviously the most active, regularly winning team will be higher up than a high skilled team that doesent play in the ladder much.

Ladder = Decent PCW’s with something at stake at least that’s what I think it should be

Waster

If the best is not on the top. Challenge them! They are worth a lot of points, so really good deal if you ask me :p

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

I cba to roll some div5/6 team for points, and I know many teams feel the same way. And those teams could just refuse a challenge.

After you get some wins, you’ll find your own place from ladder +- some places. It WILL even out, don’t be such a pussy =). At some point, after some period of time, you will be playing games of your own skill level.

codcrille

Fresh.

Div1 teams will obviously play some div2 teams, div2 teams will play some div3 teams, div3 teams will play div4 teams, div4 teams will play div5 teams, div5 teams will play div 6 teams.

Should work itself out even if high+ teams don’t play low- teams.

Waster

How did you calculate the expected winning percentage? Because implementing the calculation of the integral of a normal or logaritmic distribution doesnt sound trivial to me :p

Squide

keso

Is there anyway you can fix so you can see challanges better? would be awesome

if a team challenge you, you can quickly accept it and just play

ST8

See challenges better? In what way, as in you see them on the front page or what? I could put a count next to the team admin bit in the header?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

See challenges better? In what way, as in you see them on the front page or what? I could put a count next to the team admin bit in the header?

That’d do the job actually.

ST8

They’re shown next to “Team Admin” now

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Have you considered an Open Challenge feature?

Also what’s with wildcards? Is it just a carry over from the league system and they’ll be removed or is there plans for it?

ST8

Open challenge is on the list, ive just not implemented it yet :)

Wildcards shouldnt work, they are set to 0 for the ladder :) Are you getting options for them on match pages?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 Next »