Forum

Giving players a chance

Created 19th August 2009 @ 21:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

ShoX

Sir
dp.

It’s all well and good sucking Loco’s ePeen, but have you ever been in a clan with him? CHRIST! :S

exm

Ijantis and Genmix-:

You seem to misunderstood me. This thread was created not becouse I think I’m uber1337 or something like that. I can play in div6 with the right team and progress to upper divs, but finding such a team is just imposible (like 1% chance). I mean, sure, there are good examples of team progressing, but most of the time it just ends when you get a couple of official loses and people start ragequiting.
I created this thread becouse I got rejected as a player AND a person, just becouse I dont have experience. IMO that is stupid, and the only thing I can call it is elitism. I understand that people want a person with experience and of same skill level, and I would understand if they dont take me to their team or if they dont get me a trial. But why do they have to be so rude? Is it so hard to say “sorry, we have lots of trials now, maybe sometime later” or whatever? And if you dont have so many trials, just give that lower player a chance. Who knows, maybe he’s the new [insert some div1 superstar]?..

Norris

telling you you’d be rejected because they already had trials would be wrong. not everyone is a liar dude.. or would even you enjoy being trolled and trapped? seriously they get the facts straight for reasons. YES there are lots of reasons. re read the thread if you still don’t have an idea bout them.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You get into higher levels with a team who you progressed with,
not on your own.

That is my experience

Read the whole (or atleast the beggining of) thread before posting.

kkthxbb

I did,
and I am saying that it is best to progress with a team,
not just apply for every mid clan,
because its highly unlikely they will take you if you lack experience.
They want a person that matches the person that left skillwise or a person that matches their own skill.

This only applies to gamesense. I know somebody no clan would take because he’s got like 0 experience but vgoodaim. Place him in div5/6 and he would dick all over enemy teams. Aimwise div3 np.

Waebi

‹Con›

If you’re good, people will notice.

same the other way around.

agron

Relic

Back when i started, I got recruited from a public to Fracture, which turned out to be an ok clan later.

When we (a mid div2 clan in season 2) needed a solly, “we” (Chode) looked for one in publics and gave trials to pretty much anyone who asked. I’m glad one of the unknown randoms who meekly asked for a trial turned out to be ok. Hey appe, how’s tricks?

That said, if Diggy was looking for a player, at this point of “our tf2 career” we’d never trial someone who we dont know at all. We all hate this game, and dont want to spend any extra time “trying out” people. I imagine there are people in other teams too, who feel the same. (Quick n painless recruitment, yes pls)

David

If your bad, people wont notice!?!?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

No Dave, its like when we accepted you, only then did we realise that you’re bad :C

ups

No Dave, its like when we accepted you, only then did we realise that you’re bad :C

This is getting interesting.I’m off to buy some popcorn.

Dante

This is getting interesting.I’m off to buy some popcorn.

well go buy popcorn i have some cocacola this will be fun

tragett

me a div5 skilled demoman got picked up by a div3 clan, giving players a chance is great and i think div3 and any recruiting clans above should consider checking for higher standard div4-5 players :)

edit: [SpA|nG] <3

Daggial

fap

give me a chance too :/

Dante

me a div5 skilled demoman got picked up by a div3 clan, giving players a chance is great and i think div3 and any recruiting clans above should consider checking for higher standard div4-5 players :)

edit: [SpA|nG] <3

well ur shit anyway ;)

Zappah

nou

well done loco
seriously

+1

djc

d2f~

Back when i started, I got recruited from a public to Fracture, which turned out to be an ok clan later.

When we (a mid div2 clan in season 2) needed a solly, “we” (Chode) looked for one in publics and gave trials to pretty much anyone who asked. I’m glad one of the unknown randoms who meekly asked for a trial turned out to be ok. Hey appe, how’s tricks?

That said, if Diggy was looking for a player, at this point of “our tf2 career” we’d never trial someone who we dont know at all. We all hate this game, and dont want to spend any extra time “trying out” people. I imagine there are people in other teams too, who feel the same. (Quick n painless recruitment, yes pls)

tell me agron… do you miss sammage? is he the reason why you hate this game? cause your life can never be filled with his love again?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »