Forum

kritzkreig - Banned

Created 30th July 2008 @ 01:41

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Before anyone asks, yes, it is now banned as it enables crits. Common sense I know but I have posted this and modified the front page news to outline this before anyone asks.

Rules page will be updated with the change in due course.

Falling Away

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How will you be useful to us in matches now? :(

wormie

i think its wrong… i mean crits before was just a random thing.. now you can have it as a tactic but it still isnt random luck

tenshox

There goes some variety :(

notger

dp.
dp.

Yes, that is sad.
Yet, I can understand that. Two perma-critting soldiers in a well coordinated attack would totally screw up the dynamics of most matches (not that I know too much about that): Firing the charge one second earlier, annihilating the other medic and his patient with two or three rockets, five or six crit-rockets still left … I can imagine that it would have become a sort of who-draws-first-wins and that would not have been too entertaining, would it?

AnAkkk

I think it should be allowed because the others weapons which give crits (backburner and axtinguisher) are allowed. Most people would still take the normal ubercharge against the kritzkrieg because they would find it more powerful. I don’t see any problem with it… When people would active the KritzKrieg ubercharge, enemies would immediately enables their normal/kritzkrieg ubercharge like they already do…

bm

should be allowed imo.
randomness as the reason why we banned crits in the first place is not given with the kritzkrieg.
i do understand however that ppl think it might cause trouble in matches to, but i think we should at least give it a try! if it doesnt work it can still be banned from league.

weqo

broder
syster

We haven’t thought about this at all yet, it’s not like we’re banning it forever without testing it out and just like you’re doing now, getting input from the community.

Though, we’re in the middle of two different competitions and we can’t just suddenly allow this to be used and change the rules for every patch that comes. It has to be done after some serious testing.

Raccoon

[TB]

I agree with the banning of this.

Crits are stupid and should be kept on publics. Would just wreck the general mechanics of 6v6 teamplay.

I am also for the banning of Fastlane next Season, it’s just not a well balanced map imo but that’s another discussion I guess.

byte

Well said Weqo

Cheers

Byte

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Oh yeah dont get me wrong we’re open to changes this isnt indefinate. But I moved to ban it straight away because our current rules allow it on the basis that crits didnt work. Didnt want someone to run out and use it in an active competition before we have looked at it.

Depch

As I still see uber > kritzkrieg.

Even tho kritzkrieg has the advantage of building up 10% earlier it still keeps the medic very vulnerable and teams/medics that can anticipate the game well shouldn’t really have a problem with kritzkrieg. Tho I can really see higher level clans raping clans not on their level with kritz (happens pretty much with uber too), but clans pretty much on the same level of competition it shouldn’t be a problem.

Let’s make a hypothesis of mid fight on pro_granary for example. Yes kritzkrieg potentially is available 10% sooner and if they go for the rush the medic could be easily shot down, well yes, if the other team has no scouts around anymore, it will be more likely that the team would have backed down already thus getting the uber easily the time being.

Also for example medi-sol combo with kritz vs medi-sol with uber, I’d say uber takes the win, since the kritz-medic is vulnerable and then it’s just 1 sol without any advantage vs ubered medic-sol. Using the kritz on demo, I don’t know, potentially it could make the ubered ppl just fly away miles away. :D but about that, can’t really say since it really would need some testing.

Conclusion as I see it, this just makes teams have to anticipate and be more aware of surroundings what’s happening, also switching between uber/kritz during the round/match could be of an advantage, since the other team does not know what to expect and then, it’s about tactical choises your team makes.

Definately this is a thing to be worth testing out, but I agree on not using it on the current competitions. And yes, it’s just my theory/hypothesis of the issue.

AnAkkk

Raccoon, yes RANDOM crits are stupid, but KritzKrieg’s crits are not random at all, and the BackBurner and Axtinguisher are allowed (and they are doing crits).

I think it’s allowed in ESL, atm the rules are saying that all medic unlockables are allowed :)

Crusa

Troopers

What? You are banning kritzkrieg without any testing? Makes absolutely no sense.
Games are played without crits because of the random criticals. Backburner has criticals from behind, sniper has criticals for headshot and spy has for backstabs. All those criticals are not random and zero luck is involved. Krizkrieg is the same. It provodes an effect that has nothing to do with luck, just like normal invourlability is a game feature.
I bet if Valve would have introduced the invu über now you would be all over it like it is banned and is common sense to do so.

Came on. Don’t judge without some experimenting first. IMO this just gives teams a new tactical perspective how to play this game.

Jh

Hey dats!

@crusa, you obviously didnt read all the posts by the admins ;)

go back and read them

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »