Forum

Competitive racing games

Created 13th October 2020 @ 10:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Hey is anyone here into competitive racing games, especailly the F1 games?
im trying to get into it but im still pretty noob i can drive fine without traction control or breaking assist but when i turn off anti-lock breaks its a nightmare

https://www.twitch.tv/sheepy_dogs_hand

im streaming and would appreciate any tips and if anyone wants to race me please add me

Rockz

PHREAK

drive go-karts irl

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Rockz

drive go-karts irl

I do, although due to the price i can’t afford to do it too often. But I try and go once every couple of weeks. Thing is with gokarting is that it is really a different skill from your standard racing car and its very different from F1.

DuMmTm

TFTV
COGU

Mario Kart Wii is the best esport

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from DuMmTm

Mario Kart Wii is the best esport

Honestly Mario Kart is obviously a joke but Super Smash Bros Melee is actually an amazing esport. Its even older than TF2 and still has a strong community. I love the F1 games but to play with out breaking assist or traction control on manual makes it very hard for new players to get into it. You don’t need an expensive wheel, even though i’m saving up for a Fanatec CSL Elite F1, you can still play fine with just a normal £100 thurstmaster wheel

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

Honestly Mario Kart is obviously a joke but …

There was a world cup this year, it’s far from a joke they got like 14000 viewers: https://twitter.com/EndGame_TV/status/1279537792100364288/photo/1

Elyassu

PhD

For the ABS issues, a set of load-cell pedals will take you miles if you don’t have it to help you build the muscle memory. If not there are lots of mods for many of the cheaper potentiometer brakes to either increase the stiffness or install a loadcell. A slightly cheaty method is to short calibrate your brake so that full brake pressure on your pedal will only take you to about 60-80% brake pressure in game (depending on the type of cars you drive) so that it is almost impossible to lock up.

Last edited by Elyassu,

Add A Reply Pages: 1