Forum

Bball, suicide on purpose?

Created 25th June 2008 @ 09:12

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

Silan

(Actual Size)

Regarding the rule: “Intended self kills are forbidden.”

How do you want to uphold this rule? I for once am not sure just how much hp i use for different kinds of RJ, so i often suicide, when i hoped i could make a pointscoring jump. Is that illegal? To be honest, its a unimporten rule in my oppinion, and suicide has never been a problem in my 10-15 bball matches (yes, im still a noob, i know :P).

appe

So don’t rj if you’re not sure you’ll die or not.

Wlv

RaWr ::

I think what we mean by the rule is, dont type kill or explode in console, in order to kill yourself and gain a better respawn position because of this!

Obviously if you miss judge the rocket jump and kill yourself, this isn’t an intentional self kill.

F2

Danmark

I don’t understand why it is not allowed to suicide. If you kill the other guy, and you have 20 hp left the only tactically smart thing to do is to suicide. Why should it not be allowed?

cubeth

rda

I agree with F2, it merely promotes slyness instead of skill and sort of unables any type of tactics for the gameplay.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Ok i’ll tell you what, ill bind a key to “explode”, then we can play a 2on2, everytime you spawn with full hp and I have 100 left, instead of using my “skill” or “tactics” to out play you, ill press my bind and respawn in time to stop you capping (with more health as you would’ve rjumped by then and can’t camp spawn so :P)….How about that? :)

F2

Danmark

“everytime you spawn with full hp and I have 100 left, ill press my bind and respawn in time to stop you capping” – if you suicide when we spawn, you won’t respawn in time to stop the cap.
I just think it’s ironic that you’re better off being killed than surviving.

Silan

(Actual Size)

So, im allowed to suicide by rj, but not by console?

I know this is a fun cup, but i think its importent to be clear on the rules.

Maybe esp when its a funcup i find this ‘extra’ ruling wierd. Can it really be abused so bad? As F2 said, it still takes a while to respawn.

agron

Relic

i think it’s annoying when you and your buddy kill both of the enemies only to find out that neither of you have no health to jump with. So what happens is that when the enemies respawn with full health it’s gonna be 2 rockets and your both dead and the enemies will cap. Fair?

I think selfkill by hurting yourself with your weapons should be allowed. It’s a tactical decision anyhoo, when to kill yourself to respawn with full health and when not to.

Either way not allowing intentional selfkills is just gonna lead to “accidents” like “hoops, i couldnt jump with 25hp, bummer” :P

a gentlemans rule could be that only the guy carrying the intellige…ball is allowed to die by his own hand.

Otherwise it’s just gonna lead to grief and conflicts when to ppl start calling for defaults because the other team killed themselves “on purpose” or w/e

tldr: allow suicides by weapons, not console/binds

F2

Danmark

I dunno about the gentlemen rule, but I agree with Agron. Selfkill with weapons should be allowed, but not with console command “kill”/”explode”.

cubeth

rda

You have my full support for the idea, Agros has the point, its intensely irritating when you and your teammate die and whoever respawns first will kill both of you and cap the int.

Oh, and I can imagine people saying “I had 33 hp I could do it” and on demo it’ll read he had 12 hp. What then? Should I start claiming default win for us even though we lost? That’s pointless imo.

I cant see why selfkills have been disallowed in the first place. Its not anyone will spam selfkill to wait for respawn all the time. As mentioned earlier no selfkills rule is hard to enforce. Let us bind and use kill/explode, being unable to selfkill when you hp is low and you can only wait for enemies to respawn is frustrating.

agron

Relic

why use a bind to kill yourself? both the demo and the soldier can do it pretty well with a sticky/rocket anyhoo :P

but yah, selfkill should be allowed

self killing is one of the most important features in bball

cubeth

rda

So let’s allow selfkilling by rocket/sticky and not by bind.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »