Forum

ETF2L Admin Team - Suggestions? (Long post)

Created 19th May 2009 @ 23:22

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

dunc

infs
dp.

Hahah you nab, that was me forging logs :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Its simple… enter the etf2l and abide the rules or don’t. If you don’t agree with their methods, dont play int the league. Its a free service dammit and everyone should be grateful some inglorious bastards spend their free time to keep the thing clean.

i agree with u, but tell me pls why they (don’t sure about this word, hope u guess what i mean) snoop on other leagues? By request of etf2l admins these “cheaters” were banned on esl/ukesa which have their own anticheat programs unlike etf2l.
I understand, some admins doesn’t want to see some guys maybe bacause of personal hostility or other incomprehensible reasons but keep indoors outside your sand-box don’t climb in other pls.

don’t tell me about my eng i know :p

Again, other leagues wont ban players just because winneh or other admins say so. They are presented with evidence and then that league makes their own descision. Who cares if their “snooping” they just want to make tf2 as fun as possible without dick licking cheaters.
This just prooves ETF2L even more correct if another leagues anti cheat team come to the same conclusion.

dunc

infs
dp.

I wish you’d spell “proves” correct tapley, but otherwise you’re 100% accurate imo :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

For every goal newcastle score at villa on sunday i shall remove an “O” I hope you can proooove me wrong! :-D

blw

element //

This means, players who are banned or deemed to be hacking by admins with no solid evidence other than their own subjective conclusions should have a right to appeal against the decision.

All cheats are banned with solid evidence lol.
p

you are wrong . I don’t think that one STV demo of my game against s7 is a solid evidence

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

This means, players who are banned or deemed to be hacking by admins with no solid evidence other than their own subjective conclusions should have a right to appeal against the decision.

p

you are wrong . I don’t think that one STV demo of my game against s7 is a solid evidence

It is if the demo shows your hacking you idiot.

AnAkkk

Well, KOVACS, after reading your post, I can say that you have no idea of how the ETF2L Admin team do their work.

“Players who are suspected of hacking but for which there is no solid PROOF could be monitored over a certain period of time and then subsequently checked on at random times in the future without any warning, and perhaps without any knowledge that they are being watched/checked.”

lol. Don’t you think they already do that? Seriously, like they would ban someone without solid proof, just because he looks strange. A lot of people would have been banned already.

You got no idea of how much people have been reported to be possibly cheating, but just because there was not enough proof, they never got banned.

“For example, I think its rediculous that a player could be banned for aimbotting based on a 30 second clip of a player which one admin thinks is dodgy, sends/informs the rest of the admin team who subsequently view the clip and deem to be evidence of an aimbot.”

Again this show that you got no idea of how they do their work. As if they would only look 30 second of one player. -_-

I won’t comment more, but again, as tapley said, other leagues (ESL, Enemydown, and probably Wireplay) also watched the demos of _EVERY_ cheater and the conclusion was the same as ETF2L : cheating.

iQue

keso

I think there’s more to it than just that

Judging someone from one demo would be foolish and I think the admins are better than that, even if it looks really suspicious. Unless you see you trak people through walls or something haha

blw

element //

p

It is if the demo shows your hacking you idiot.

no , it does’nt show anything , first of all cause it’s STV demo , not pov . ( usually i have big choke , something about 40-60 . And some moments can be shown wrong on this demo ) 2nd – i played against S7 ( winneh ) just coincidence ?

blw

element //

I think there’s more to it than just that

Judging someone from one demo would be foolish and I think the admins are better than that, even if it looks really suspicious. Unless you see you trak people through walls or something haha

from some sources i know that there is only one stv demo , where i played against s7 as a scout . All offi and pcws i played for a soldier

xtala

from some sources i know

I stopped reading there.

seraph

rEJ

no , it does’nt show anything , first of all cause it’s STV demo , not pov . ( usually i have big choke , something about 40-60 . And some moments can be shown wrong on this demo ) 2nd – i played against S7 ( winneh ) just coincidence ?

it’s not possible to play with 40-60 choke. lol. I find playing with ~10 hard.

blw

element //

belive me , it’s possible , and 40-50 chokes – it’s normal for russian internet . Especially for my town.

KOVACS

lol. Don’t you think they already do that? Seriously, like they would ban someone without solid proof, just because he looks strange. A lot of people would have been banned already.

I won’t comment more, but again, as tapley said, other leagues (ESL, Enemydown, and probably Wireplay) also watched the demos of _EVERY_ cheater and the conclusion was the same as ETF2L : cheating.

Do you think demo’s alone constitute proof of cheating? This is the key underlying issue I’m trying to discuss here. Demo’s on their own are NOT proof of cheating in a case like Abra’s or KondoR’s, its just subjective judgement.

Sure, if someone was speedhacking around a map or has a rediculous sniper aimbot and constantly makes difficult headshots with near impossible consistency over a considerable length of time then it can be obvious, but in reality for most it’s not so blatant.

Using Abra as an example, I have seen skinnie, dunc and others referring to a short 10 second moment in one of Abra’s demo’s as “blatant aimbot”, and whilst it does look somewhat suspicious, in the grand scheme of things a 10 second clip of almost perfect accuracy constitutes nothing more than a nice, perhaps slightly lucky moment which for a high skill aimer is likely to occur several times per game, and even perhaps most of the time against lower skill players.

So I’m curious, was Abra banned on the basis of evidence taken solely from demo’s, or did the admin team dig up ANY evidence of cheating that WAS NOT taken from demo’s to help make the decision? I don’t particularly care about what you found, if anything, I’d just like a conclusive answer, and probably so would the other people who are in doubt.

It’s either: He was banned using demo evidence alone (which admins think is suitable proof).

OR

He was banned using demo evidence in addition to stronger, more conclusive evidence of cheating from other sources.

xtala

The most likely thing would be that those 10 seconds would be one of the more obvious moments, and put together with other clips it was enough to make a decision.
(I didn’t see the clip btw, so don’t take my word on what exactly happened)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »