Forum

Follower & Yukon

Created 15th May 2009 @ 12:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Darn

rockit like

Cevo has already taken both maps in their map-pool so I did a quick survey on these maps.
I was really impressed what I saw and with couple little tweaks on both maps, would allow them in the primary pool.

Yukon: Open bridge in cp3 (maybe some pillars). atm there’s no positional advantage and soldiers only option is to do random spam and hide behind the rocks.

Follower: Obviously cp2 needs something to make it harder to defend, I guarantee that any of the topteams can make shitbrickwalldefense there if they have uber.

Discuss.

http://www.playtest.krus.dk (maps can be found here)

SfynX

T2P

Ive played both these in the invites and i also am really surprised at how well thought out they are for non valve created maps. yes i do agree that tweaks here and there would be better for competitive game play but other than those i have no problems playing on them. id lol for a 32 man on there.

Oggy

Like Darn said cp2 on follower is jokes, I’ve played in a few US pugs on it and actually I HATE IT MORE THAN WELL.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Yukon (in my mind), is the most likely candidate to win the map contest (followed by Waste), and will probably get added to the secondary pool regardless.

Extremer

I absolutely loved follower, but I agree that cp2 needs reworking.

LoopeR

FB

kolox

obs.

Largos

Yukon: Open bridge in cp3 (maybe some pillars). atm there’s no positional advantage and soldiers only option is to do random spam and hide behind the rocks.

Follower: Obviously cp2 needs something to make it harder to defend, I guarantee that any of the topteams can make shitbrickwalldefense there if they have uber.

Discuss.

While you’re spot on about CP2 Follower, agron, I have to respectfully disagree with your Yukon analysis. In my experience, the bridge above the point is key to winning the middle. It gives height advantage for a soldier/demo to rain down spam. This is critical for harassing snipers, who have plenty of good lines of sight towards the opposite end.

To sum up: Yukon is fine, Follower just needs the tiniest of tweaks

EDIT: Oh yeah, your name is Darn, not Agron. I’m sorry :-/

Puppets

his name is darn not agron :F

MangyCarface

Yeah, the bridge is the positional advantage. Protect it as you would a control point, because it provides height advantage for the entire area around the point and cover for your medic.

Morty

RG

Defur

Extremer

I’ll copyright my posts from now on.

frooker

I’ll copyright my posts from now on.

Pandello

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »